DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
DT Global is a strong implementing partner for USAID-funded projects in Economic Growth and is a holder of multiple IDIQs. In leading this practice, this position will serve as overall activity manager on overseas projects in economic growth, supervise and lead overall business development initiatives and undertake thought leadership and outreach activities for the practice.
Provide overall strategic vision and direction for overseeing implementation and expansion of the economic growth portfolio and strengthen DT Global’s reputation as a thought leader in economic growth services. Technical areas will include trade and export development, small and medium enterprise development, women’s economic empowerment, business enabling environment reforms, financial sector development and reforms, and economic governance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement plan for developing and expanding economic growth practice for DT Global in the USAID market;
- Lead business development activities, including target pipelines, research, recruitment, proposal development and marketing;
- Oversee successful development of new business proposals by providing strategic and technical oversight, reviewing all proposals as part of the development process, leading or supporting strategic partner negotiations. For priority bids, serve as the capture manager or technical writer in line with core skill sets and net-works;
- Devise and implement marketing strategies for expanding projects with USAID and reaching new clients;
- Lead thought leadership efforts, including development of thought pieces and other knowledge products, and participate in sector activities and events;
- Manage USAID IDIQs, including leading new business efforts and interacting with USAID and IDIQ partners;
- Oversee technical implementation of economic growth projects, serving as home office engagement manager for projects, as required. Oversee and provide higher level guidance on project work plan development and execution to ensure quality and timely delivery;
- Provide direct supervision and mentor professional and program staff, both at the field and home office project management unit (PMU) levels, ensuring effective coordination of project support services to ensure effective implementation and to resolve administrative, technical, financial and personnel issues as they arise;
- Manage, supervise, and mentor staff to improve their technical skills in economic growth technical areas or business development skills; and,
- Support adherence of all DT Global policies and practice and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- Bachelor’s in economics, public policy, public finance, or related fields. Master’s degree in relevant field strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of related professional experience in economic growth, including substantial managerial and technical experience in current trends in economic growth in developing countries;
- Practical experience working with a range of development program partners, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, etc.;
- Technically conversant in multiple areas of economic growth including trade and export development, small and medium enterprise development, women’s economic empowerment, business enabling environment re-forms, financial sector development and reforms, economic governance and a demonstrated ability to ac-quire new knowledge and make decisions in areas beyond primary areas of technical expertise;
- Significant past experience working in the development community, including at least five years working on/for USAID economic growth projects and a detailed knowledge of USAID project implementation requirements;
- Proven track record building and leading teams both for project implementation and managing large and complex multi-year project preferably;
- Demonstrated ability to pursue and win new business, especially in relation to USAID contracts, by over-seeing development of bid strategies and proposals;
- Advanced degree in economics, finance, public financial management, public policy or other relevant field
- Past experience in post-conflict and conflict affected countries such as Afghanistan preferred;
- Proven ability to function effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel overseas up to 35% of the time at short notice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and overall excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in French, Arabic, or Spanish
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.