DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com.
DT Global is home to a growing international energy sector practice implementing USAID-funded projects and is a holder of the recently-awarded USAID Clean Energy II IDIQ. In leading this practice, this position will serve as overall activity manager on overseas projects in energy services, supervise and lead overall business development initiatives and undertake thought leadership and outreach activities for the practice.
Provide overall strategic vision and direction for overseeing implementation and expansion of energy sector portfolio, and strengthen DT Global’s reputation as a thought leader in energy services. Technical areas will include clean energy, energy poverty, energy sector governance and reform, and energy security.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement plan for developing and expanding energy sector practice for DT Global across all corporate geographies;
- Oversee technical implementation of USAID and other donor energy projects, serving as home office engagement manager for projects, as required;
- Provide direct supervision and mentor professional and program staff, both at the field and home office project management unit (PMU) levels, ensuring effective coordination of project support services to ensure effective implementation and to resolve administrative, technical, financial and personnel issues as they arise;
- Oversee project start-up and close-out, as necessary, and monitor and provide higher level guidance on project work plan development and execution to ensure quality and timely delivery;
- Manage USAID Energy II IDIQ, including leading new business development and interacting with USAID and IDIQ partners;
- Lead business development activities, including target pipelines, research, recruitment, proposal development and marketing;
- Oversee successful development of new business proposals by providing strategic and technical oversight, reviewing all proposals as part of the development process, leading or supporting strategic partner negotiations. For priority bids, serve as the capture manager or technical writer in line with core skill sets and networks;
- Devise and implement marketing strategies for expanding projects with USAID and reaching new clients;
- Lead thought leadership efforts, including development of thought pieces and other knowledge products, and participate in sector activities and events; and,
- Support adherence of all DT Global policies and practice and maintain the highest ethical standards.
- A minimum of 12 years of related professional experience in energy sector development, including substantial managerial and technical experience in energy issues in developing countries;
- Practical experience working with a range of development program partners, including government agencies, regulatory bodies, utilities, the private sector, NGOs, civil society, consumers, etc.;
- Technically conversant in clean energy, clean energy finance, energy policy and governance, climate change, and LEDS, and a demonstrated ability to acquire new knowledge and make decisions in areas beyond primary areas of technical expertise;
- Significant past experience working in the development community, including at least five years working on/for USAID energy projects and a detailed knowledge of USAID project implementation requirements;
- Proven track record building and leading teams both for project implementation and new business proposal development;
- Demonstrated ability to pursue and win new business, especially in relation to USAID contracts, by overseeing development of bid strategies and proposals;
- Advanced degree in engineering, science, economics, finance, public policy or other relevant field
- Proven ability to function effectively under tight deadlines.
- Ability to travel overseas up to 35% of the time at short notice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team.
- Written and spoken fluency in English and overall excellent written and verbal communication skills
Fluency in French, Arabic, or Spanish
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
About the Organization
DT Global, built on more than 50 years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development (GPD) Charitable Trust, applies ingenuity, evidence, and passion to everything we do. Grounded in decades of technical expertise and leadership around the world, we incorporate rigorous learning and assessment in our program design process to ensure that we stay on the cutting edge of thought leadership. Our technical experts work in partnership with communities and institutions to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that create sustainable change and improve people's lives. For more information please see www.dt-global.com.