The purpose of the AgCompete project is to strengthen agriculture productivity and profitability of smallholder farmers in Nigeria. The project will be composed of three main components: design of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund for private sector partnerships and funding to catalyze technological innovations; administration of the Agriculture Competitiveness Fund to develop private sector partnerships and provide grants; and technical assistance that directly supports, coordinates, and organizes qualifying recipients to achieve the Missions food security objectives. The project will contribute to the Mission’s overall Feed the Future strategy, which looks to improve agriculture competitiveness of smallholder farmers in Nigeria.
Reporting & Supervision:
Reporting director to the COP, the Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for managing administrative, financial/accounting, and procurement processes, including compliance with U.S. government and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) rules. Experience managing grants is a plus.
- The project demonstrates effective financial management and compliance with client and Creative regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Provides effective training and awareness to project staff on financial management, compliance, and fraud, abuse and waste mitigation regulations, policies, and procedures; and
- Manages subcontractor awards and payments in line with client and Creative regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Lead project’s administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, finance and compliance, property;
- Ensure that project implementation is in accordance with USG regulations and procedures and the specifications determined in the Contract; and
- Ensure all procurement processes are fair and transparent, reviewing financial compliance, and monitoring GUC and subcontract implementation.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- At least a Masters’ degree in business, economics, statistics, international development, or a related field (or, alternately, a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and 5 additional years of relevant experience);
- At least 5 years’ financial management and operations experience on USG-financed projects in Nigeria; and
- Experience with implementing USG-financed contracts.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.