The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will be responsible for the administrative oversight and financial management of the the anticipated four year, $25-$50M USAID-funded El Salvador Citizens Security Project (CSP), providing technical direction and overall leadership. The anticipated project goal is to reduce urban violence through strengthening community resilience, municipal service delivery and police engagement.
The DFA will supervise and work with the Blumont administration, finance and program staff in country to ensure that adequate and appropriate internal controls are in place to comply with both Blumont policies and donor requirements for human resources, procurement, program reporting (financial and programmatic), records management, and financial management and accountability. The incumbent of this position will also be responsible for ensuring that Blumont is in compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations. The DFA will work under supervision of the Chief of Party, but will also work closely with and provide direct reporting to the Finance Department and Program Operations Division of Blumont /HQ.
This position is pending award of the project.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise the day-to-day administration and financial management of the USG funded program.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the program office and staff.
- Coordinate and oversee all Blumont tendering and procurement activities, ensuring strict compliance with Blumont policies and donor regulations.
- Develop and implement tracking and reporting systems for all aspects of administrative and financial management for both Blumont /HQ and Blumont’s donors.
- Supervise the local staff responsible for program accounting to ensure that generally recognized accounting standards are being followed.
- Develop and implement a tacking/reporting system to ensure that Blumont is in compliance with all local laws, rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement a tracking/reporting system to ensure that all Blumont and donor requirements regarding program documentation and records management are followed.
- Ensures implementation of targeted strategies to respond to stabilization priorities as identified by key stakeholders.
- Ensures that all policies and practices instituted are compliant with USAID’s performance monitoring, policy and compliance programming requirements set forth in the USAID Automated Directives System (ADS) and other rules and regulations.
- Provides capacity-building workshops for prime and sub-partner staff to improve performance management.
- Manages and leads staff, consultants and contractors to ensure efficient and timely implementation of project;
- Provides policy guidance, training and ongoing guidance to each of the Office staff members;
- Ensures the timeliness, cost and quality of all activities performed under the project;
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports to Blumont/HQ Finance;
- Prepares quarterly and/or semiannual financial reports according to the contract requirements;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience:
- An undergraduate degree in a field relevant to the position.
- Demonstrated experience agricultural value chain programs.
- Latin America experience, particularly in El Salvador.
- Master’s degree.
- Experience training staff.
- Prior experience in USAID funded projects.
- Must be innovative and resourceful in creating an awareness of new initiatives which respond to the needs and practices of project beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, take direction, assume leadership, and make rational decisions while working remotely from country leadership.
- Ability to train and facilitate dialogue among a diverse group of individuals with various skill sets and work styles.
- High motivation, initiative, and adaptability.
- This position will be based in San Salvador, El Salvador, and may require travel up to 20%.
- Normal Office Conditions.
About the Organization
Blumont, a charitable, non-profit, non-governmental organization, focuses its operations in regions of the world that present social, political and technical challenges. Blumont specializes in facilitating and supporting assistance that is tailored specifically to those most in need. Blumont works in collaboration with a wide range of organizations in the design and implementation of humanitarian relief and development aid programs, including U.S. and foreign government agencies, bilateral and international donor organizations, international finance organizations, faith-based organizations, advocacy groups, international and local NGOs, and U.S. corporations. Blumont's mission is to reduce the suffering of the world’s most vulnerable groups and provide tools and resources needed to increase their self-sufficiency. We accomplish our mission by implementing targeted cost-effective relief and development programs that improve the lives of these vulnerable groups