POSITION TITLE: Director Finance & Administration (DFA), Esho Shikhi “Come and Learn” Activity
LOCATION: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, Esho Shikhi “Come and Learn” Activity
The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) will be responsible for overseeing all financial accounting and general office services for a high-quality, results-oriented project focused on improving quality of education for children and youth in Cox’s Bazar.
The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
The DFA will be responsible for maintaining Winrock’s financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), local government regulations, Winrock policies and procedures, and donor requirements throughout the life of the project. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance and administration components of the program in Bangladesh, including the various petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting and administrative activities
- Ensure consistency with Winrock standard operating procedures, policies and accounting principles.
- Develop procedures for monitoring and analyzing project budgets, which allow accurate projection of expenditures and comparisons of actual and budgeted spending.
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds, based on budget and cash flow projections, to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations;
- Coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities in country;
- Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with USAID contractual requirements;
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports;
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared by the finance officer (disbursement, receipt and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensures that expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable to the project;
- Review and approve field office fund request;
- Oversee payroll procedures for national staff, administer payroll, and monitor employee time keeping
- Develop and implement office administrative and personnel systems;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub awards/contracts.
- Produce budget projections and reports for submission to USAID;
- Liaise with the COP to ensure the project needs are being met in terms of accounting, contracts, human resources, IT, and operations;
- Supervise project staff and consultants working on finance and administrative for the project;
- Monitor partner’s management of funds and cross check source documents;
- Oversee sub-grants and associated financial oversight;
- Maintain financial files and support annual audits.
Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ progressive financial management and grants management experience on international development projects.
- At least 4 years’ experience with financial management of a USG-funded contract or cooperative agreement.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of USG rules and regulations, particularly code of federal regulations 2 CFR 200 and 2 CFR 2900 and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Proven experience managing the finances of large ($20M) projects
- Demonstrated ability to implement a financial system for development projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Bengali is required;
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets and financial analysis;
- Willingness to travel frequently.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.