lntraHealth International, Inc is a US based NGO with offices in over 30 African countries including South Sudan. IntraHealth is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) for an upcoming five-year USAID tender: The South Sudan Advancing HIV & AIDS Epidemic Control (AHEC) Project. The goal of AHEC is to operationalize pathways to epidemic control – UNAIDS established, countries endorsed, and PEPFAR supported, global 90/90/90 targets for 2020 with 95/95/95 targets for 2030 through specific program actions to diagnose persons infected with HIV provide life-saving ARV therapy for PLHIV, and support retention and adherence to ensure HIV viral suppression to reduce AIDS-related deaths.
The DFA is responsible for the financial systems of the project, including project budgeting, financial monitoring, and meeting legal, auditing and contractual responsibilities. S/he will be the principal financial representative of the project and also coordinate the financial, administrative and HR functions and support. The DFA will develop the project financial plan, to include monitoring and reporting systems that meet USG requirements, and manage contracting activities including grants under contract. S/he will manage all procurement and contracts/subcontract administration activities and assure compliance with organizational and donor policies. S/he will implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are implemented effectively to support implementation of the award.
The position will report to the Chief of Party. S/he will collaborate closely with US-based financial and contracts leaders in the IntraHealth Chapel Hill office.
This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID. Qualified South Sudanese nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Establish accounting and financial systems for the project in compliance with USAID regulations and IntraHealth policies and procedures;
- Document, maintain and ensure compliance with finance and administration policies for entire project;
- Develop project procurement plan and ensure proper procurement policies and guidelines are followed when purchasing project services, supplies and equipment;
- Manage all banking transactions, including payments using the mobile money system;
- Maintain robust payroll system including tracking benefits and allowances, ensuring compliance with all applicable local tax laws and reporting requirements;
- Oversee preparation of all vouchers and checks for approved project expenditures;
- Review, analyze, present, and submit periodic financial reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to headquarters in North Carolina;
- Collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting;
- Manage cash flow and forecasting—including preparing and submitting funds requests to headquarters;
- Implement a robust contract management and financial management reporting system to support operational requirements;
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices;
- Oversee administrative functions to ensure efficient and consistent operations;
- Maintain general ledger and balance sheets;
- Prepare budget variance reports on monthly basis;
- Maintain asset inventory and reports for project (core and state offices)
- Manage organizational risk and liability, particularly related to ensuring compliance with all relevant USAID regulations and local laws related to registration and taxes;
- Conduct analyses of financial data monthly to inform project management;
- Provide strategic guidance and assistance in financial and administrative operations problem solving to project leadership;
- Oversee and coordinate staff safety and security policies and implementation practices, and act as security focal point for IntraHealth operations in South Sudan.
- Supervise administrative team to ensure delegation of functions and timely quality performance
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s Degree or higher in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any other relevant field. Professional qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Ten (10) years of experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics, safety and security, and/or human resource related matters for international development activities;
- Demonstrated familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements;
- Extensive experience managing USAID contracts of $3 million or more per year dollar value;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of professional accounting principles, theories, practices and terminology as well as principles and accepted procedures associated with USAID regulations is highly desirable;
- A high level of analytical skill and sound judgement with regard to IntraHealth financial management, procurement, human resources, contract and grants policies and regulations;
- Familiarity with compliance regulations and the Federal Acquisition Regulations;
- Extensive knowledge of US and South Sudan government financial laws and regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to set up and maintain accounting and financial management systems and ability to build and review budgets;
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English, and ability to negotiate with partners and USAID;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment, supervise a professional team and ability to interact with a variety of technical, clinical and other specialists;
- Proficiency using online financial systems and databases;
- Excellent personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Experience working on programs that build the capacity of local organizations to be ready to receive direct donor funding to implement HIV/AIDS and other health projects; and
- Experience living and working in South Sudan or similar context is strongly preferred.
Salary: Salary for the position will be negotiated according to qualifications and relevant experience.
South Sudanese Nationals are particularly encouraged to APPLY.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1