EnCompass LLC is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration Manager candidates for an anticipated five-year United States Agency for International Development (USAID) data, evaluation, learning and technical assistance (DELTA) activity to be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The new DELTA activity will support USAID/Liberia to allow agility and adaptability in the dynamic development context in Liberia; produce data-driven analyses to inform activity design and implementation; maintain a performance management system; and support data calls and reporting requirements that demand rapid assimilation and synthesis of various data points.
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the Director will serve as the overall lead for all financial and administrative (F&A) aspects of the project. Managing a team, s/he will serve as the lead for accounting, finance, invoicing, procurement and other F&A functions as required by the contract. S/he will work directly with the Chief of Party to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for all activities.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain oversight of finance, procurement, human resources, and operational activities of the field office
- Establish procedures for stewardship of financial operations, including accounting/banking, payroll, subcontracting, procurement, etc.
- Analyze and interpret financial data to determine financial performance of the project
- Ensure all activities and operations maintain compliance with local laws and USAID rules and regulations
- May develop, execute, and manage consultant, subcontractor, and vendor agreements, authorize and approve payments to consultants, subcontractors, and vendors
- Ensure efficient processing of bank and cash transactions, including reconciliations
- Develop, analyze, and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets
- Execute all budget and financial tracking and reporting requirements and respond to related inquiries by USAID and the EnCompass Home Office in a timely fashion
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, management, business administration or similar field; Master’s degree highly preferred
Experience and Skills
· Minimum of eight (8) years of experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and managing, in roles of increasing responsibility: contract administrative compliance, finance and procurement (subcontracts), accounting, and/or human resource related matters
· Proficient in US Government procurement, human resources, and financial reporting processes and requirements highly preferred
· Strong capabilities in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· Previous experience working in USAID-funded programs preferred
· Knowledge of applicable Liberian laws and policies on financial and procurement procedures and human resources preferred
· Superior skills in written and verbal English required
· Liberian citizens are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of https://encompassworld.com
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.