Chemonics seeks a director, finance and operations for an anticipated multiyear, USAID-funded health project in Nigeria. The Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program Nigeria will focus on improving the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state and local government areas’ specific goals and objectives. This project will cover governance, access, and demand activities for HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis (TB) services. The specific objectives of the program include targeted and efficient HIV case identification through optimized index partner and self-testing, linkage to care and treatment; patient enrollment in HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and retention; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services that attract key and vulnerable populations to achieve epidemic control; and increased capacity of the Nigerian government to expand, oversee and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Oversee all aspects of financial management, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting, and accounting
- Liaise with the Nigerian government, stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Write and contribute towards reports and other deliverables
- Coordinate all administrative support for program implementation, including setting up field offices, preparations for learning opportunities, and handling all financial aspects
- Serve as the central point for coordination and communication within the project and with USAID for planning, human resources and contracts, and budgets
- Scrutinize expenditures to ensure performance and outlays are commensurate
- Manage programs to ensure that the HIV response is both effective and cost-effective
- Act as chief of party as required
- Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management of large, complex projects, including a minimum of eight years in the field of international development
- Experience managing USAID- or other donor-funded development programs preferred; familiarity with federal acquisition regulations
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing large budgets
- Experience managing similar projects
- Experience in Western Africa preferred
- Nigerian nationals highly encouraged to apply
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in United States government/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan For AIDS Relief reporting requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/nigeria_sharp_to. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. For more information, please read the EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice here: https://chemonics.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/EU-Recruiting-Data-Privacy-Notice-12.2018.pdf
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.