Bioversity International, established in 1974, is a global research-for-development organization with a vision that agricultural biodiversity nourishes people and sustains the planet. It is part of the CGIAR, an international research partnership for a food-secure future.
Bioversity and The International Center for Tropical Agriculture, (CIAT), are establishing a Strategic Alliance to synergise their respective abilities and capabilities thereby greatly enhancing their contribution to a sustainable food future. It is envisaged that once the Alliance is in place the Director General will also assume the role of CEO of the Alliance.
Bioversity International is seeking to recruit a charismatic leader as its Director General to lead the organisation to expand its impact. The leader must have the ability to develop and execute a compelling strategy, have exceptional communication skills, access new and current donors and create new and retain existing partnerships. This calls for a visionary change leader with a solid background in managing a global research organisation to deliver tangible outcomes at scale.
- Provides visionary and strategic leadership in pursuing Bioversity’s mission, and strategy
- Recruits and nurtures a strong and innovative global team
- Participates in the development of the Alliance between Bioversity and The International Center for Tropical Agriculture
- Represents Bioversity and the Alliance in the CGIAR and in other key international fora
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other key partner institutions
- Provides ongoing effective change leadership that fosters transformation towards a result driven organization delivering impact
- Oversees the management of the organisation to ensure efficient and effective function of its operations
- Provides strategic leadership for the raising of funding from current and new streams
- Supports the Board of Trustees to carry out its strategic and fiduciary duties
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A strong record of achievement in a field relevant to Agricultural, Food and Natural Resource research agendas
- A proven track record in managing and delivering change in a highly complex global research and policy organisation
- An advanced university degree (preferably a PhD) in an appropriate field and experience in taking research to impact on the ground
- A proven capacity for attracting significant funding and for leading relationships with partners
- A track record of articulating and communicating an organisation’s relevance and impact
- Experience with leading and mentoring a diverse international group of staff members
- A track record for collaborating across disciplines and with partner institutions through building effective relationships to drive innovation and excellence in research
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is desirable
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The Director General will be based at Bioversity International’s Head office in Rome, near the UN’s agricultural and food security programmes. The role requires significant travel
- Once the Alliance between Bioversity and The International Center for Tropical Agriculture is finalized the person will take on the role of Chief Executive of the Alliance
- The initial employment contract will be for five years with the possibility of a further five-year mandate (10 years maximum), with a desired starting date of January 2019
- Bioversity International offers a competitive salary as well as other benefits, including employer-paid medical, life and disability insurance, and retirement plan. Allowances for relocation, housing, family visit travel, and children’s education are also provided
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward a copy of your CV in Microsoft Word format, along with any relevant documentation to Ms. Lea Vercoustre-Kutleša at firstname.lastname@example.org by 1st July 2018.
Pour accéder à la version française du descriptif de poste, veuillez cliquer sur le lien suivant: http://www.sri-executive.com/opportunities/#job-6995
Para ver la versión en Español de esta posición:http://www.sriexecutive.com/opportunities/#job-6995