Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking a Director, Global Business Solutions to develop a three-year solutions-focused digital roadmap that aligns with the organizational strategic plan. The Director will lead the global implementation and on-going support of the selected solutions utilizing domestic and international staff, as well as global partners. The Director will report to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO).
All IT staff will report to the Director, including country resources, contractors, and domestic staff. Country staff will be matrixed-managed, and the Director will be responsible for providing technical leadership, support, and mentoring. Support tasks, and project tasks will be prioritized and managed with a global perspective, but with a focus on local priorities and needs.
Location for this position is flexible and remote work is encouraged. This post also requires up to 25% travel to our country offices in Afghanistan, Iraq, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnering with the CAO to establish a governance framework
- Partnering with staff to develop the solutions roadmap
- Developing and/or reviewing solution/technology budgets for all WFWI entities
- On-going support of all existing business solutions
- Providing project management/governance of all new solution projects and programs
- Define global IT policies and guidelines
- Develop plan to minimize reliance on in-house managed servers and maximize use of the cloud
- Develop plan for opening new offices and transitioning current offices
- Procurement of hardware and software in support of on-going operations and future projects
- Obtaining appropriate licensing, warranty, and maintenance coverage of all business solutions
- Developing and maintain appropriate security controls over the new global business architecture
- Developing a disaster recovery plan
- Globally negotiate and manage contracts with consultants and vendors
Skills and Qualifications:
- MS or equivalent in IT/engineering related field
- 10 – 12 years’ experience leading business-focused technology teams
- 3 – 5 years’ experience migrating organizations to the cloud
- 3 – 5 years’ experience developing strategic plans, roadmaps, and governance at other organizations
- 3 – 5 years’ experience managing IT environments, including budgeting, RFP process, managing IT vendors (contracts, SLAs, renewals)
- Experience with Windows operating systems, including Windows server and Windows 10 clients, Linux, SQL Server, network topologies, devices and protocols
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure Cloud Offerings
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Tools (Sharepoint, Teams, etc.)
- Demonstrable understanding of the process of software development
- Proven experience successfully managing and developing technical staff
- Proven track record executing projects on schedule and in budget
- Previous work for NGOs or commercial organizations in difficult operating areas is an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to explain technical matters to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated technical planning and project management skills
- Ability to inspire and lead technical staff in a non-technical organization
- Calm dependability in difficult situations
- Creativity and willingness to find cost effective solutions
- French language skills an advantage
- Ability to travel up to 25% to our country offices in Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, United Kingdom, and Germany.
- Ability to have flexible work schedule which may include evenings and weekends. May be required to work beyond normally scheduled hours with little or no advanced notice.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please apply at your earliest convenience through our career page.
About the Organization
Since 1993, Women for Women International has helped more than 478,000 marginalized women in countries affected by war and conflict. We serve women in 8 countries offering support, tools, and access to life-changing skills to move from crisis and poverty to stability and economic self-sufficiency.