POSITION TITLE: Director, ICT Infrastructure Services & Chief Architect
GROUP: Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
UNIT: ICT Infrastructure Services & Chief Architect
REPORT TO: Chief Information officer (CIO)
LOCATION: Little Rock, Arkansas; Arlington, Virginia; Manila, Philippines; Nairobi, Kenya
The Director, ICT Infrastructure Services & Chief Architect collaborates with the CIO and the other ICT directors to provide ICT services to Winrock worldwide. The Director, ICT Infrastructure Services & Chief Architect is primarily responsible for the maintenance of Winrock’s infrastructure architecture blueprint, ongoing operational management of Winrock’s infrastructure, and to provide thought leadership regarding emerging technologies and other industry innovations that can drive productivity and efficiency. This role is also responsible for providing information security services for Winrock.
- Maintenance of infrastructure architecture blueprint
- Collaborates across the organization to drive overall strategic direction, blueprint, and roadmaps for data, infrastructure, and technology architecture in support of business strategy and priorities.
- With collaboration with the Director, ICT Corporate Services, maintains Winrock’s technical architecture blueprint by ensuring Winrock’s application strategy is kept in synch with Winrock’s infrastructure strategy.
- Governs the technology direction, reference architectures, and product standards for all infrastructure components.
- Operational management of infrastructure
- Inspires a team of infrastructure support engineers, comprised of internal employees and outsourced engineers in geographically dispersed locations, so the team is engaged and eager to collaborate with the rest of ICT to deliver an outstanding level of customer service.
- Delivers superior customer service by leading all aspects of infrastructure support services, ensuring appropriate service levels and key performance indicator are achieved.
- Provision of thought-leadership on emerging technologies and innovations
- Evaluates infrastructure technology and vendor alternatives and selects product standards for the enterprise.
- Sets the technology direction for all infrastructure components.
- Provision of information security services
- Leads the efforts of an Information Security Analyst responsible for implementing Winrock’s information security program.
- Performs leadership/management functions of technology infrastructure staff: recruitment, development, retention, mentoring of management, career path development, annual performance evaluations.
- Develops and operate a cloud computing competency for cloud governance, integration, aggregation and brokerage services.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analysis for IT spending and initiatives.
- Works closely with and manages strategic vendor partner relationships.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required, master’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years providing ICT services at firms with multinational presence and greater than 2,000 employees required.
- Strong Microsoft expertise.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong technical acumen.
- Strong collaboration skills; must be a team player.
- Ability to travel and to hold visas to assigned countries.
- Ability to travel to international locations in developing countries.
- Must not require sponsorship to work in the US.
- Ability to be on call and being available for to work during off-shift hours when required.
Financial & OTHER JOB Parameters:
The Director will be responsible for assessing and facilitating the communication of risks associated with IT architectures, procedures, staffing, and investments; and for facilitating the review of hardware and software acquisition, maintenance contracts and pursued master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
The Director will also demonstrate experience with a variety of technologies and ICT processes and best practices, as well as the ability and eagerness to stay up to date with industry developments is a must for the role.
This position will often be the senior most position at the assigned location, therefore, this position is expected to represent the CIO, Winrock and the department’s best interests at their assigned location. This means being the first level of escalation for issues that often will be outside of the position’s primary focus areas. This position is expected to manage these issues appropriately until they can be owned and managed by the correct team. This role will also provide administrative oversight for the rest of the ICT team located at the assigned location.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.