A great opportunity for the right Business Development professional with a proven track record of winning business with USAID. A recent M&A transaction has brought together a well-established USAID contractor, Macfadden, with over $300m in contracts and one of the leading overseas services companies, PAE, with over $2B in revenue and reach to over 60 countries.
This person will take the combined capabilities of Macfadden + PAE and build a refreshed growth strategy to extend their joint offering to the USAID community in areas like Global Health, Disaster Response, and Humanitarian Assistance. Also the chance to join a great management team doing important work around the world. Must be strategic to bulid a plan and tactical to lead those captures. Competitive salary with bonus! This person will be key member of the corporate management team. We have worked extensively with this team, and PTS is dealing directly with the decision makers for this important role.
The Director, International Business Development leads and oversees the development and growth of profitable new international business, while cultivating key relationships to support sustainable growth in our client’s international federal, capacity, and commercial business lines. The director will report to the Vice President of International Logistics and Stabilization (ILS) and collaborate closely with the ILS business development team on all facets of client development such as capture planning, proposals, and business development strategy. The Director will strengthen and grow the client’s customer and partner relationships and maintain surveillance on market conditions, emerging opportunities, and risks. He or she is responsible for strategic and operational oversight in the international federal, capacity, and commercial business lines, ensuring business development activities are delivered in accordance with the organization’s strategy.
- Directs business development efforts to support strategic growth goals as well as operating plans for programs with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other federal or multilateral agencies involved with international programs.
- Conducts in-depth market research to qualify developing business opportunities; leverages industry contacts for strategic intelligence; and assesses the viability of potential future proposal efforts, business partnerships or project opportunities.
- Serves as capture manager for specific business opportunities; works with the business development team to develop leads and opportunities, teaming strategies and negotiations, proposal planning, and price-to-win assessments.
- Participates in target/bid reviews and provides ongoing feedback to senior management on the status of capture efforts and the viability of continued investment of time and resources in developing business opportunities
- Upon release of RFPs, collaborates with the Business Development Analyst in designing an effective strategy for proposal development. Helps ensure successful transition from capture phase to proposal process.
- Collaborates with the Business Development Recruiter to source key personnel and contingent hires in conjunction with proposal efforts
- Assists in labor mapping, preparation of staffing matrices, and pricing for key labor categories.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures to enhance the company’s business development and recruiting practices.
- Travels to developing countries as needed
Education: Master’s degree or equivalent in International Relations, Business Administration or a related field.
Experience: Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in International Programming and at least five (5) years’ experience in new business development, with demonstrated experience in the government contracting environment.
- Extensive experience with USAID and other federal and multilateral agencies involved with international development, humanitarian assistance, logistics or related activities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and achieve results through others.
- Advanced ability to think strategically and plan over a 1-5-year time span.
- Experience organizing and managing multiple teams with varied priorities.
- Demonstrated problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.
- Excellent written communication skills, including the ability to articulate solutions in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- A thorough knowledge of the development industry, with a wide business development network of international donors and service providers.
- English required; second language highly desirable.
About the OrganizationMeet PTS
Precision Talent Solutions (PTS) specializes in Overseas talent solutions for the defense, diplomatic, aid & development, energy, and infrastructure industries. www.precisiontalentsolutions.com
PAE's International Logistics and Stabilization Team supports U.S. government-sponsored stability operations and United Nations humanitarian response projects around the world. PAE has decades of international logistics support experience to include staffing and managing Ebola treatment units in Liberia, building roads and airstrips in South Sudan, establishing camps and rebuilding supply chains in post-earthquake areas and more.
PAE's hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.