World Vision International
*Position location to be determined by home country of successful candidate in California, USA; Manila, Philippines; San Jose, Costa Rica; London, UK or Accra, Ghana where WVI is registered to operate.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 40,000+ staff members working in more than 100 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Director, IT Project and Portfolio Management, you will be provide be responsible for the management of one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide programs and Tier 4-5 project budgets. You will facilitates the initiation of complex technical programs to ensure the development of detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports for each project within a program. You manage the tranches of work within a program, ensuring that the program remains aligned with and is coherent in achieving its objectives. In addition to directly supervising a team of project managers. You will also accountable for working with business and IT leaders in order to successfully deliver on the initiatives for OurPromise2030.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Requires experience in managing teams and building relationships with people at a variety of levels.
- Strong leadership skills, and experience in managing virtual teams.
- Typically requires 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience, with at least 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years in managing projects.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally often at short notice and up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 02 NOV 2018. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.