To provide global leadership, innovation and direction in the development and implementation of organizational ICT strategy in support of organizational business objectives in the fast-paced and changing business environment.
To be the thought leader in and make the organisation use cutting-edge technology to drive the organisation’s efficiency and competitiveness across all facets of the Secretariat, optimising and prioritising the Secretariat’s investment in information and communications technology to achieve the organisation’s strategic aims and plan, enabling collaboration across the Secretariat.
To ensure planning and delivery, based on IPPF’s strategic plan, of priorities around information needs; business related processes; integration requirements, and implementation of the enterprise IT system. This is so to improve efficiency, integration, collaboration and cost efficiency in consultation and response to organisational needs.
Responsible for the full range of information and communications technology systems across the Secretariat through their life cycle.
The key tasks of the Director KIST include:
- Lead the design, development, and implementation of a multi-year fit-for-purpose multi-layered plan for information and communications technology that will support the achievement of the IPPF’s strategic objectives, building consensus across the Secretariat.
- Advise Directors’ Leadership Team on strategic systems issues and opportunities in support of IPPF’s organisational objectives.
- Actively engage and collaborate with colleagues across the Federation, including all Secretariat Offices (SOs) and Member Associations (MAs) ensuring user requirements are captured, are part of the design of the multi-year ICT/knowledge management operational plan and are aligned with strategic priorities.
- Ensure conceptualising, planning and implementation of appropriate institutional capacity building programmes, where necessary, to implement latest technology-based systems for service delivery, reporting and evidence gathering.
- Proactively evaluate emerging technologies for assimilation, integration and/or introduction within the Secretariat to optimise organizational effectiveness and oversee requirements capture, development, design and implementation and/or changes to new or existing systems and software packages.
- Develop, implement, collect and facilitate sharing of best practice, policies and procedures relating to use of Information and Communication Technologies across the Secretariat. Oversee and guide managers and staff across the Secretariat in the efficient and effective delivery of ICT and automated workflow.
- Regularly review and ensure effective implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Leads on the due diligence, review and approval of major contracts for information and communications technology services and equipment.
Leadership and Communication
- Lead the Knowledge Information Systems and Technology team, manage the team and ensure development and capacity building of staff in the Secretariat.
- Coordinate with Knowledge Management and Data Management teams to ensure quality reporting, enhanced visibility and brand building of IPPF through latest digital technology.
- Collaborate and communicate with key stakeholders across the Secretariat, developing effective communications and engagement strategies in Knowledge Information Systems and Technology.
Quality and learning
- Review all information needs and business processes of teams to streamline and integrate current financial and non-financial workflows; knowledge sharing capabilities automation and enhancement, including, but not limited to, systems that support restricted project management, procurement/supplies management, resource development, donor data management, financial management and performance data warehousing and analytics.
- Oversee ongoing improvements and the feasibility of system enhancements.
- Ensure the security, privacy and high availability of the information systems, data, communication lines, and equipment. Recommend and implement security systems.
- Coordinate, across the Secretariat, and share best practices and standards.
- To ensure gender is effectively mainstreamed within the remit of the post and in line with IPPF’s Gender Equality Policy.
- To build and maintain positive relationships with all members of staff, and contacts both within and outside the Federation.
- To become familiar with the Federation’s Health and Safety Programme and Guidelines for using Visual Display Units. To do everything possible to ensure a healthy and safe working environment, including following instructions and guidance.
- To undertake any other relevant duties as may be requested from time to time.
a) Staff responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
The post has direct responsibility for staff in the Knowledge Information Systems and Technology Team and matrix management of Secretariat KIS and IT staff.
b) Financial responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
The Director has responsibility for drawing up the annual Knowledge Information Systems and Technology budget and for coordinating the delivery of the information systems and technology plan within the agreed budget across the Secretariat.
c) Advisory responsibilities carried out by the job holder.
The Director is responsible for advising senior management and team directors across the Secretariat on the best use of ICT in relation to IPPF’s strategic aims and plans.
- EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Post graduate level or equivalent in information technology, business management or a related field. IT project management and ITIL certification an advantage
- PROVEN ABILITY
- Significant experience in a senior-level information technology leadership and management position
- Significant experience of strategic IT programme development, implementation, and management of large-scale ICT contracts and change management.
- Experience in leading and motivating teams including global and remote teams.
- Knowledge of information technology systems and software; and the ability to manage information technology operations, development and implementation.
- Experience of working in an international development organisation across multiple regions/countries
- Experience of health informatics strongly preferred.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills to co-ordinate and motivate remote and global teams.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and present relevant information to senior decision makers.
- Strong project management skills including time management skills and a confident, proactive approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional team and consensus building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to use sound judgment, initiative and be accountable
- Excellent contracting and negotiating skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English skills with the ability to interact effectively with employees at all levels of the organisation. Working knowledge of Arabic, French or Spanish preferred.
- Sound budgeting skills and financial astuteness
- PERSONAL COMPETENCE
- A commitment to the mission, values, and culture of IPPF.
- Ability to maintain appropriate level of information sharing/confidentiality to protect IPPF’s commercial interests.
- Willing to travel internationally approximately 40 days a year.
- Supportive of a vulnerable communities’ (including girls, women, transgender, people living with HIV, etc) right to choose and to have access to safe abortion services. This is an occupational requirement of this post, in accordance with Schedule 9 Part 3 of the Equality Act 2010
About the Organization
International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) works in more than 160 countries and 7 secretariat offices to empower the most vulnerable women, men and young people to access life-saving services and programmes, and to live with dignity. It is a global service provider and a leading advocate of sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) for all. We are a world-wide movement of national organisations working with and for communities and individuals.
IPPF is seeking applications from individuals for the position Director, Knowledge Information Systems and Technology. The position will be based at New Delhi. For details, please refer to the Job Description attached.
Applicants should submit their CV using our prescribed format “IPPF Employment Application Form’’ (attached) at email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications: 25th March 2021.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.
IPPF is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and fosters a culture of inclusiveness. Applications are encouraged from women, candidates living with HIV, and LGBT community and any other diverse lived experience.
IPPF is committed to the safety and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults and this role may involve contact with these groups. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults in our programs.