The Director, Monitoring and Evaluation provides guidance and strategic direction in monitoring and evaluation, oversees monitoring and evaluation activities, and contributes to performance improvement of the anticipated USAID Medicines, Technologies and Pharmaceutical Services (MTaPS) Program. In day-to-day work, s/he focuses on the development and implementation of a comprehensive set of activities to ensure effective monitoring and evaluation of MTaPS.
S/he oversees country teams in their M&E activities and contributes to and participates actively in the development and implementation of project-wide strategies in fulfillment of the program’s mandates. S/he will also participate in project management and performance improvement by providing timely monitoring and evaluation data.
This position will be located in Arlington, VA.
- Provide technical leadership and assistance across MTaPS, including supervision of the M&E team, to promote the quality of M&E and performance improvement.
- Lead development and execution of MTaPS’ comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Framework and Plan.
- Lead development of project management database to ensure timely, transparent, and accurate capture of project implementation data.
- Coordinate with the knowledge management and learning activities to support effective and compliant reporting of results and lessons learned and dissemination of programmatic impacts and knowledge products.
- Meet and communicate regularly with the project staff to discuss the status of ongoing M&E work and provide briefings on new developments, coaching and technical support. Provide direct technical assistance in M&E as required, including the design and implementation of assessments and evaluations.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical reports and communications products to reflect monitoring and evaluation results.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and multi-year and annual project work plans to identify and meet the technical needs of MTaPS activities in M&E and knowledge management.
Qualifications & Experience:
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
About FHI 360: FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Director, MEL