IntraHealth is seeking a Director, Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) for an upcoming five-year USAID Integrated Family, Household, and Community Health & Nutrition project in Mali.
The Director, MERL will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against targets, outcomes, and impacts. S/he will lead the development of holistic approaches to collaboration, learning adapting (CLA) including promoting data analysis and use to assess progress, identify areas for improvement, and plan for program targeting and/or adaptation. S/he will ensure a robust and adequate M&E data system to enhance the collection, management and analysis of program data and to track and report progress towards achieving results. The Director of MERL will guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage the M&E department. The position will report to the Chief of Party and seek technical support and collaboration with the headquarters-based Measurement and Learning Team.
- Provide direct support and technical assistance for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation system/framework including the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) Plan which includes targets and a results framework.
- Manage the development and implementation of program evaluations, assessments and research activities as well as the Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Plan.
- Support the project team and MOH stakeholders to develop and use harmonized data capture tools and data analysis plans for reportable indicators at all levels, ensuring timeliness, quality and completeness of service data in line with the national and county information management systems.
- Mentor and support the project team and MOH stakeholders to regularly use data at all levels to target and/or adapt programming.
- Research, compile, write, and submit information, including results and their analysis, for project reports, including the quarterly and annual reports, and respond to requests for data from USAID and other stakeholders.
- Supervise the M&E dept and provide technical support, training and mentoring to M&E officers and technical staff as needed.
- Ensure data quality by conducting data quality assessments (DQAs) on all project indicators.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, qualitative and quantitative analyses based on results to assist project in knowledge sharing.
- Oversee the design and implementation of any assessments, special studies and operation research required by the project.
- Collect and disseminate best practices and lessons learned from the project.
- Ensure the continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with MOH, USAID, and other implementing partners.
- Minimum Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as public health, social science, epidemiology, bio-statistics, social sciences or other related field.
- At least eight years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for complex programs in developing countries with donor funding of US $20 million or more.
- Experience working on M&E and CLA for USAID-funded projects.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and analytic methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis, presentation.
- A firm command of the M&E issues with respect to improvements in quality integrated service and support programs.
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing M&E systems that track project performance.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision.
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of professionals and collaborating with Malian government officials at all levels.
- Demonstrated skills in data management and quantitative and qualitative analysis skills; and use of relevant analysis software (SPSS, STATA, Epi Info, Atlas.ti, ArcGIS).
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts.
- Professional level report writing, analytical, and communication skills, including oral presentation skills, in both French and English languages.
About the Organization
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @: http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1