Director of Adaptive Management, Analysis, and Evaluation
Communities in Transition Division
Position Location: Northern Nigeria
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Director of Adaptive Management, Analysis, and Evaluation for an anticipated Good Goverance USAID-funded project in Nigeria. The Director will oversee a series of assessments which will be conducted in Bauchi, Sokoto, and a third state, synthesize the results of those assessments within a unified framework, contribute to the development and adaptation of the program implementation.
Reporting and Supervision
The Director of Adaptive Management, Analysis and Evaluation reports to the Chief of Party. Director will supervise 3-5 managers related to monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, performance reviews and communications.
- Manage the assessments of the governance systems in Sokoto, Bauchi, and a third state, developing parameters for research in coordination with Creative’s management team, and overseeing partners and contractors;
- Synthesize the results of assessments and develop an adaptive management monitoring and evaluation framework;
- Conduct ongoing analysis of program impact with special attention to identifying possible adaptions necessary to take advantage of windows of opportunity and / or to meet ‘do no harm’ concerns;
- Assist in the identification of subject matter experts;
- Contribute to program implementation and monitoring and evaluation strategies;
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree – MA or PhD preferred – in political science, monitoring and evaluation, public administration, business administration, public policy, law, or a related field;
- Minimum eight (8) years of related development experience in adaptive management, monitoring and evaluation, research and analysis, good governance, or a related field;
- Expertise in political economy and conflict assessment and mapping, managing complex partnerships and cross-cutting projects, and local, state, and national institutional building;
- Strong experience with coalition building and collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including civil society, and government;
- Demonstrated leadership, management, strategic thinking, analysis, and research experience;
- Able to work effectively and professionally with high-level government officials, civil society organizations (CSOs), donor, project staff, and other beneficiaries;
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated track record of working effectively in a teamwork environment;
- Fluency in English.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Experience working in West Africa and/or Nigeria;
- Proficiency in Hausa; and
- Experience engaging women and marginalized groups to ensure their inclusion.
Local and regional candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is contingent upon donor funding.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.