Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
About the Position
Dexis is seeking an experienced Director of Analysis and Learning for the USAID/Somalia Locally Legitimate Stabilization (LLS) project. The goal of this project is to increase Somalia’s stability through participatory processes that promote good governance and community cohesion; increase confidence in governance based on equitable participation in decision making and management of community assets; and empower community and government representatives to engage with private sector and development actors in a collaborative process for community growth.
This is a full-time position supporting an anticipated five-year project based in Mogadishu, Somalia. This position is contingent upon award.
Advises and assists in the design, development, and oversight LLS research activities. The Director of Analysis and Learning executes research tasks requested by USAID. S/he identifies opportunities for research without USAID guidance and suggests topics to the Mission. Additionally, the S/he remains apprised of non-USAID research products generated by other donors, implementers, and think-tanks and disseminates them accordingly. S/he disseminates information in a timely and relevant manner, tailoring content to the audiences’ interests, ranks, and relevant utility of information. S/he provides quality control both in terms of research methodology rigor, printed documents, and dissemination/presentation. This position requires utmost tact and sensitivity as the products are often sensitive in terms of the conflict dynamics and analysis of partner Somali organizations and/or individuals. S/he understands the Mission’s expectations and minimizes Mission input and edits, ensuring quality timely products are delivered.
The Director of Analysis and Learning is responsible for:
- Providing in-depth and conceptual input to program strategy.
- Designing and developing assessment and analytical initiatives as requested in support of the achievement of program goals and objectives and contributing to the analysis of activities and program level impacts;
- Identification, analysis, and synthesis of lessons learned from program implementation and facilitating the incorporation of those lessons into the small grant activity development cycle.
- Providing relevant contextual and information to USAID/Somalia, and small grant activity development staff as part of the small grant activity development cycle to ensure activities support program theories and assumptions, assisting in the identification of program opportunities and potential local partners.
- Provide timely analysis and reporting support to USAID/Somalia or other USG entities as requested.
- Experience managing and/or directing sensitive research products.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong copy editing and formatting skills.
- Ability to present content at multiple levels of detail, from highly tactical to strategic.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a “find a way or make a way” business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes “all in.” How will you?
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.