International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Director, Business Development
Department/Location: Vienna, VA
Reports To: VP, Business Development
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
IBTCI is seeking a Director, Business Development. In this role you will be responsible for leading IBTCI’s business development strategy. This will require someone who can effectively manage a team of Business Development professionals while working collaboratively with other business units. To be successful, you must possess good organizational and multi-tasking skills and provide comprehensive logistics and administrative support across projects and proposals. We require someone who is assertive, feels comfortable making decisions, works with a sense of urgency and possesses a strong work ethic. This position is based in our Vienna, VA Home Office, with periodic time spent in our Washington DC Office.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Business Development team to successfully implement the Business Development business plan.
- Lead and oversee efforts for new business capture.
- Coordinate successful Business Development efforts across practices to ensure a pipeline of opportunities for sustained revenues.
- Provide review/quality assurance of all aspects of technical and cost proposals.
- Carry out overall proposal management of entire technical and cost proposals and requests for information on specific business opportunities identified by IBTCI.
- Develop components of proposals including both technical and non-technical sections.
- Develop components of cost proposals.
- Coordinate the proposal development process and maintain timelines for proposal teams.
- Provide assistance with recruitments on bids and projects.
- Guide and mentor other members of the Business Development team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience managing a team of Business Development professionals across complex activities, while prioritizing workloads and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- At least 8 years of experience in business development, with a demonstrated track record of winning proposals.
- At least 15 years of experience in international development.
- Previous experience working on USAID proposals required; other donor or USG agency experience highly preferred.
- Oral and written fluency in English required. Proficiency in an additional language preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in international development, international business, marketing or other relevant field required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required, up to 20% for business development initiatives.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.