The purpose of the project is to implement dynamic, catalytic, scalable, and responsive HIV service delivery packages for KP/PP to accelerate the Dominican Republic’s HIV response to achieve 90-90-90 targets while effecting positive change on the health system to remove barriers that prevent the DR from reaching 90- 90-90
To assist the chief of party to provide leadership of project Clinical/Technical Department which includes overseeing prevention, HIV Counseling and testing services, Clinical care and antiretroviral therapy, Laboratory and pharmaceutical support. In addition, s/he will lead the Clinical Programs unit which will oversee prevention for KP/PP, and clinical management of HIV/AIDS including ART for PLHIV
- Provides strategic leadership and oversight for clinical operations at select demonstration sites to initiate Test and Start and develop and implement scalable, high quality community and facility-based services across the prevention, care and treatment cascade for KP/PP and PLHIV.
- Provides technical oversight and capacity building to increase viral load testing.
- Provides leadership and technical assistance in HIV prevention, by ensuring innovative, evidenced based programming including ART as a prevention for KP/PP and PLHIV.
- Lead design and implementation of clinical program activities to increase access to quality health services for
- Ensure program activities are evidence-based, adapted to DR context and reflect state-of-the-art knowledge and best practices for provision of HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment to key populations.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of technical staff at central office and serve as a technical advisor to field level counterparts
- Document program activities and results and contribute to technical deliverables generated by the project required by PEPFAR, USAID, and FHI 360.
- Identify areas where additional technical support may be required and coordinate the provision of short-term technical assistance for the project.
- Represent the Project at national, regional, and international meetings and participate in national technical working groups.
- Liaise regularly with FHI 360 senior technical staff based in HQ and regionally for technical support and guidance.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Prior experience in building capacity for key populations and health care providers in improving health and use of participatory methodologies for planning and implementing local-level activities.
- Experience with implementation of quality improvement activities
- Excellent interpersonal, training, facilitation, team building and problem solving skills, and ability to ensure confidentiality.
- Experience and knowledge in working with HIV prevention, care and treatment health programs in DR
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Medical Doctor with a master’ degree in relevant field such as Internal Medicine, Pediatrics MPH, Msc will be a plus.
- 7 to 10 years’ experience in clinical care and public health, including KP/PP and HIV/AIDS programs
- Experience in providing mentorship clinical level, regional and national level
- Has a sound understanding of programmatic technical areas is desirable
- Familiarity with DR public sector health system.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.