As Director of Communications & Public Engagement, you will be responsible for the strategic direction and successful implementation of communications and public engagement work across the Asia Pacific region. The role will lead efforts to strengthen World Vision’s reputation and influence, building trust with key audiences for greater organisational impact. You will provide oversight of core communications business across all countries where World Vision works in the region, ensuring quality delivery of high-impact communications resources for local to global audiences, in support of the organisation’s key priorities.
- An advanced university degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related field
- At least ten years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience in communications, marketing/PR, journalism.
- Strong track record in media relations, creating constructive relationships and having the confidence to represent the organisation in the media
- Demonstrated experience leading effective digital communications, including social media and an understanding of relevant tools and trends.
- Fluent English is essential; knowledge of one or more regional languages is an asset.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 29 MAR 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.