DevTech is seeking a highly skilled Director of Contracts and Grants Administration. The Director of Contracts & Grants Administration reports to the President of the company and is responsible and accountable for the contract/grant/subcontract administration for DevTech.
The individual in this position will have the authority to negotiate, originate, and execute all contractual instruments (consultant agreements, purchase orders, subcontracts, and vendor agreements, among others) under the firm’s contracts and subcontracts (primarily USG). The individual in this position must have extensive knowledge of the FAR, USAID AIDAR, and al l other relevant USG acquisition and assistance regulations. The individual will be involved in developing cost/business proposals, will provide training in preparing pipeline budgets and will participate in the decision-making process in establishing the firm’s indirect cost rates in coordination with the Controller, and Senior Management. This position may require domestic and/or international travel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Contracts I Grants Administration
· Serve as the primary contact with all client contracting officers;
· Negotiate, originate, and execute all contracts and agreements, including modifications;
· Review all invoicing, ensuring compliance with contract rates, ceilings, and obligated amounts;
· Work with the Controller to negotiate the firm’s NICRA;
· Provide directly or indirectly (through the contract backstops) contractual, financial and administrative advice to home office and overseas staff;
· Review overseas staff agreements, including those under local labor laws;
· Prepare contract close-out documents, including subcontractor releases and inventory plans;
· Prepare consultant agreements;
· Serve as and/or supervise the administration of all subcontractor and sub-grantee agreements;
· Ensure compliance with FAR, OMB Circulars, and Cost Accounting Standards;
· Maintain all Representations and Certifications with the USG, including the required information systems (i.e. SAM and ORCA);
· Stay up to date on changes and new developments of these documents;
· Ensure the maintenance of complete contract files;
· Coordinate the preparation and submission of all SF294s and 295s.
New Business Development/Proposals
· Conduct a detailed analysis of financial and contractual issues of RFPs/RFQs/RFAs and participate in the bid/no bid committee;
· Prepare cost proposals, including the budget, narrative, Section K, cover letter, and all other certifications;
· Work on a flexible schedule as needed when proposal and other deadlines must be met;
· Review and sign teaming agreements.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Participate in industry work groups, such as Professional Services Council, and other industry events that could facilitate networking and serve as sources of market information and intelligence;
· Provide training to contract backstops in the preparation of budget pipelines, preparation of accruals, and general budgeting;
· Review vendor contracts and other agreements related to insurance, benefits, office leases, among others;
· Make recommendations for the improvement of contract and project management systems.
· Any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Deputy Director of Contracts, Senior Contract Specialist
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Masters or equivalent preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Ten years of hands-on USG contract administration experience, of which at least five years is under USAID contracts and/or grants. Experience conducting NICRA negotiations desired.
Experience working, administrating, negotiating GSA schedules, including IT70, PSS; and new Mass consolidated schedules
KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of FAR, USG contracting environment, Grants under contract, and MOBIS and other GSA schedules.
· Skilled negotiator and communicator
· Advanced computer skills
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent writer
· Ability to manage multiple-deadlines, and work in team environments
· Ability to manage time effectively, and dedicate the time necessary to meet stringent deadlines LANGUAGES: English
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations.
Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.