Blumont is seeking is seeking a qualified Director of Contracts and Grants for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Lebanon. The strategic focus of USAID/Lebanon’s activities is to help Lebanon become stable and self-reliant in the long-term. Underpinning this strategic approach is the Mission’s emphasis on creating more jobs through private sector engagement and more effective educational institutions as well as improving the delivery of essential services by strengthening public institutions, community capacity and management of key resources. In the latter instance, if essential public services are delivered in a more effective and self-reliant manner, then Lebanese communities will experience less competition and conflict over resources, an improved quality of life, and increased public confidence in governmental bodies.
The Grants and Contracts Director will oversee the management of the grants program, including solicitation, award, and monitoring of grantees. The candidate will be responsible for the grant implementation and its financial and administrative processes, ensuring the compliance with all USAID and Blumont policies and procedures.
Other duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the highest level of integrity in the management of subcontracts, procurements, and grants, to include proper adherence to USAID and Blumont policies and procedures
- Develop subcontract and grant documents in compliance with USAID requirements, using Blumont standard templates and working closely with senior project management Blumont HQ to execute quality agreements
- Administer the full cycle of subcontract and grant management activities, from solicitation through selection, pre-award assessment, negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits
- Provide oversight of the procurement process; evaluate costs effectiveness and provide support in negotiating agreements, based on Blumont’s guidelines and USAID rules and regulations
- Ensure that all required documentation is uploaded and stored as per Blumont policy
- Provide administrative oversight of Blumont’s Subcontractors, to include maintenance of budget, satisfactory delivery of scope and project deliverables, adherence to donor requirements, facilitation of approvals, etc.
- Oversee budget management of the project’s grants under contract pool, working with the Director of Finance and Administration
- Ensure accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subaward expenses
- Ensure and conduct timely training of subcontractors, grantees and Blumont staff to understand and comply fully with Blumont and USAID requirements
- Develop training materials and carry out regular trainings with subcontractors and grantees
- Ensure that office systems for subcontract and grant administration are maintained and that regular reports are provided to Blumont HQ and USAID as required
- Assist in the Development and/or updating of Grants under Contract Manual and Procurement Manual so it’s in compliance with USAID and Blumont HQ guidance, policies and procedures
- Conduct cost and quality comparisons and assess the appropriateness of subcontractors and vendors in delivering services and supplies to ensure best value to Blumont and USAID
- Oversee the management of the Inventory Control List/Asset Register to ensure that equipment is properly logged and updated as necessary
- Support closeout of awards, including preparation of final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Work with Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party and HQ staff/ or Program Manager to ensure project implementation is in compliance with donor requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree, a Graduate degree in a relevant field is highly preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience working on donor-funded grants programs. Familiarity with USAID procedures, accounting control requirements, and US Government contracting processes required.
- Capacity building training experience for non-governmental organizations/civil society organizations
- Excellent written and oral communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills and ability to build strong relationships with host governments’ institutions, local and international NGOs, and donors
- Fluency in English is required, conversational skills in Arabic is desirable.
- Lebanon nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Blumont is a global organization working in concert with local communities to design and implement innovative approaches to build infrastructure, deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance, and foster opportunities for long-term stability and development. With two decades of experience working in the world’s most challenging environments, we have the capacity to effectively operate in nearly any conditions. Blumont serves refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of conflict, and other underserved populations through programming tailored to local contexts and needs in order to empower communities from relief and recovery to sustainable resilience.