The Director of Cost and Pricing has primary responsibility for leading the Cost and Pricing Unit (C&P) working closely with the program and new business development staff. The individual develops budgets that reflect technical approaches in proposals and respond to solicitation requirements, provides guidance on innovative cost strategies and conducts organizational analysis on trends related to new business efforts. This is a ‘hands-on’ leadership position requiring supervisory and management skills but also direct involvement with cost proposal development and review.
- Develop budgets and budget narratives for proposals that are fully responsive to the requirements in the solicitation and accurately reflect content in technical proposals.
- Review and analyze solicitations/donor requirements in order to develop compliance guidelines and cost/pricing strategies for proposals. Ensure that the budget is aligned with the needs/programs/outcomes of technical approaches in the proposal.
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance of all cost/price proposals developed by the C&P Unit.
- Communicates with proposed implementing partners and ensures that the necessary information is provided for the cost proposal.
- Develop and maintain budget templates and guidelines in compliance with Cost Accounting Standards, federal regulations, non-federal requirements and Winrock policies/procedures. Develop and implement systems, processes and procedures that most effectively meet the requirement of the new business development efforts.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for cost and pricing to promote full cost recovery across funders and award mechanisms.
- Advises program staff and Senior Management on cost/pricing strategies for both federal and non-federal funders with a diverse array of contracting and assistance mechanisms (cost reimbursable, cooperative agreement, grant, time-and-materials, fixed price, etc.).
- Provide guidance on market research, historical data and analysis to ensure cost realism as well as cost/price analysis of subcontractors and competitors for effective price-to-win strategies.
- Supervises and mentors the Cost and Pricing team.
- Provides cost-related responses to funders’ questions at Best and Final Offer or second-round stage of proposals.
- Assists with formulating cost related questions to be submitted to donors for open solicitations.
- Projects a cooperative attitude, maintains high ethical standards of integrity; respects confidentiality in representing Winrock International to ensure a professional representation at all times
- Performs additional responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in business administration, finance, international development or similar discipline. MS/MA/MBA a plus.
- Prefer minimum of 7 - 10 years relevant experience in developing budgets, identifying costing strategies for new business efforts and implementing appropriate systems and processes.
- 4 years of experience at management level including supervising staff.
- Knowledge of U.S. Federal agency policies governing contracting and assistance regulations
- Knowledge of loaded rates and indirect costs structures
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including writing, editing and proof-reading in English required;
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, including workflow management, coordinating a variety of tasks simultaneously and demonstrating flexibility.
- Ability to manage priorities while maintaining attention to detail in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment; Attention to detail; team player.
- Demonstrated management experience; ability to adhere to the highest level of ethical standards at all times; ability to multi-task and prioritize competing tasks while ensuring quality output.
- Ability to communicate policies and interpret regulations to provide clear guidance
- Team player with the ability to interact effectively with staff and representatives from other firms and government agencies.
- Able to exercise tact, discretion, good judgment and maintain confidentiality.
About the Organization
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.