At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE seeks an experienced and enthusiastic planned giving professional to join the National team working the Northeast Region. This position requires someone with a true affinity for working with mature donors and the experience to identify the best gift type for both the donor and for CARE. This position also serves as one of the subject matter experts for a team of major gift professionals in specific regions. The person must be able to work collaboratively to provide guidance and support whenever needed. It is an exciting time in CARE’s history and this is a unique opportunity for the right person.
- Planned Giving Portfolio Management
- Major Gift Team Collaboration
- Planned Gift Administration
- Build network of professional advisors
- Undergraduate degree in business, pre-law, marketing, psychology or related field required.
- 5+ years working in planned giving
- Advanced written and verbal communications
- Planned giving coursework preferred
- Thorough understanding of planned giving techniques
- Excellent listener and communicator
- Proven ability to close planned gifts in a timely manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively with major gift professionals
- Ability to respond quickly to travel requests to accompany colleagues on donor calls.
- Ability to provide planned gift illustrations and gift agreements in a timely fashion.
- Ability to manage a fluid portfolio of incoming new prospects as well as existing prospects and donors
- Excellent prospect management skills
- Experience with CRM databases, Salesforce/NGO Connect preferred
- Experience with Crescendo gift planning software.
- Travel is required for this position as donors are nationwide (60-70%)
About the Organization
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. We place special focus on working alongside poor women because, equipped with the proper resources, women have the power to help whole families and entire communities escape poverty. Women are at the heart of CARE's community-based efforts to improve basic education, prevent the spread of disease, increase access to clean water and sanitation, expand economic opportunity and protect natural resources. CARE also delivers emergency aid to survivors of war and natural disasters, and helps people rebuild their lives.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
CARE USA is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
The closing date for this posting, if listed, is approximate. Job postings may be removed from CARE's career website at any time.