Director of European Union (EU) Advocacy
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 42,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
As Director of EU Advocacy, you will lead World Visions advocacy with European Union institutions influencing EU policies and practices that impact the rights and well-being of vulnerable children worldwide. You will manage World Visions Brussels advocacy team, building strong relationships, networks and credibility with EU and other Brussels based stakeholders and across the international World Vision Partnership.
- Masters Degree in International Development, public policy or a related field.
- At least 5 years experience in international development policy and advocacy work, preferably including child rights related policy.
- A track record of advocacy and influence with, or in, international institutions, preferably with knowledge and experience of the EU and its institutions.
- To be a citizen of an EU member state or have a valid residence and work permit for Belgium.
- Fluency in English is essential; a good command of French would be desirable and/or knowledge of additional European languages will be an asset.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 30 Jun 2017. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.