Devex is assisting a consulting and research agency in their search for a Director of Evaluation: Africa and the Middle East, to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will take on this new position created to support the organization’s new strategic plan and to drive their evaluative business stream. S/he will build and grow the evaluation practice, incorporating the organization’s current evaluation work.
- Around 15 years of evaluation experience overall, and 5 years leading process and other forms of evaluations in Africa, including experience in developing and consulting on evaluation frameworks.
- The person will have won and led independent evaluations
- Very strong proposal writing capabilities
- Excellent client communication and consulting skills
- Demonstrated understanding of technical aspects of and current trends in evaluation
- Proven experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams, working in collaboration with international and national consultants
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work independently – this person will work in a cross-cutting role and will be expected to write proposals and lead evaluations themselves in the first instance.
- Specialist in the design of evaluation systems, and embedding evaluation in the decision-making processes
- Proven ability to make evaluation results impactful using digital and other methods of reporting
- Strong familiarity with primary research methods in evaluation.
- Familiarity with OECD and DFID Quality Proforma and other quality initiatives within the development sector, and an ability to integrate these across the studies as appropriate
- Ideally African national
Additional Information: Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.