Resonance, an award-winning global development consulting firm based in Burlington, VT, is seeking a Director of Finance to oversee and manage all financial and accounting activities. The Director of Finance will serve as part of the senior leadership team to implement strategic goals of the company. S/he will supervise the Accounting staff and will work closely with the President and senior leadership to drive the financial performance of the company. S/he will be responsible for managing risk, developing and implementing financial procedures to both improve and sustain the financial health of the company. S/he must have proven leadership experience, and will be instrumental in the company’s sustainable growth.
This is a full-time position based in Burlington, VT, reporting to the President.
- Assist in formulating Resonance’s future direction and strategic plan, including the development of financial and tax strategies
- Develop and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and forecasts to assist the CEO and the leadership team
- Manage and enhance company cash flow
- Create and establish long-term and annual financial objectives that align with company growth
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of new products and service & offerings
- Manage all accounting operations including: Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, collection, and cash functions
- Meet all financial key performing indicators of the company including targeted revenue, gross margin, and net profit
- Develop financial metrics for measuring company performance and operations and that support Resonance’s strategic direction
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the company
- Work with directors to achieve financial goals for all contracts
- Coordinate outside audits with independent auditors and regulatory agencies (DCAA), oversee preparation of required items; Maintain these relationships and investigate their findings and recommendations; Liaise with company tax advisors, ensuring timely and accurate information
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with partners and vendors
- Support proposal activity and help create budgets and pricing responses to RFPs and RFQs
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team, providing input on key strategic and management decisions
- 8 - 10 years’ experience of progressively responsible experience as a finance leader (CFO or Controller), preferably with a US government contractor
- Master’s degree in accounting or business administration (preferably MBA in Finance)
- Experience partnering with an executive team
- Must have high level of written and oral communication skills
- Significant and proven experience with financial statement preparation
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process
- Prior direct supervisory experience necessary
- Ability to work with diverse teams in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- CPA certification
- Experience using Deltek Cost Point software
- Familiarity with cost accounting standards and FAR/AIDAR knowledge
- Experience in USAID contracting environment
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com. Please include “Director of Finance” in the email subject line, and save documents (cover letter, resume, and references) in one PDF as ‘Last Name_First Name.pdf’. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please. Resonance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
Resonance is an award-winning global development and frontier market solutions firm based in Burlington, Vermont, that helps a variety of donor, commercial and investor clients around the world to catalyze lasting impact. We envision a prosperous and just world of thriving markets, healthy ecosystems, and vibrant communities where business, governments and citizens work together creating a better world for all. Resonance seeks to catalyze large-scale social, environmental, and economic change by fostering new and dynamic forms of collaboration. We do this by fostering public-private partnerships, facilitating sustainable investment, and providing deep analytical insights in frontier markets. We strive to merge strategic insight with practical on-the-ground knowledge into an integrated approach that emphasizes results. We seek candidates who are ready to apply their analytical and problem-solving skills to some of our planet’s greatest challenges in an entrepreneurial, fun, and fast-paced environment. We are looking for passionate and committed people who can work in a highly collaborative environment to deliver results for our clients and stakeholders around the world.