This position will be responsible for the development, implementation and oversight of policies, procedures and all financial activities to ensure effective, efficient and compliant expenditures and implementation of financial processes in accordance with donor, FGH and VUMC policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the management of the organization’s financial team as well as the development of work plans.
- Develop, regularly update and implement FGH financial management systems, policies and procedures consistent with best practices and relevant legislation to ensure the implementation of activities in a sustainable and dynamic manner.
- Supervise all financial operations of the organization in Mozambique, including payments for goods and services as well as the organization’s payroll.
- Lead the development and dissemination of all FGH internal financial reports, as agreed with VUMC, including monthly financial reports across all projects.
- Create and implement tools/ SOPs to maximize the control of expenses in accordance with all organizational and donor rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the preparation of FGH budgets in accordance with donor recommended guidelines in collaboration with the National Director and the Operations Director to ensure that the budgets presented to VUMC reflect the appropriate costs and means to achieve the objectives.
- Master’s level degree in Business Administration, Finance or related fields;
- At least 10 years of experience working in Financial Management as a leader;
- At least 5 years of PEPFAR fund management experience;
- Experience in the management of decentralized financial teams and establishment of systems for financial management of operations in different geographic locations;
- Proven experience in multi-donor fund management;
- Proven knowledge in the management of accounting software;
- High level of Excel skills;
- Experience in Deltek’s CostPoint preferred;
- Have at least 3 years of work experience in Lusophone countries (in particular Mozambique, is preferred);
- Fluent in English and Portuguese.
Interested candidates must send their applications accompanied by a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating in the subject line the position for which you are applying. Applications will be accepted until June 30th, 2018.
Only the pre-selected candidate(s) will be contacted on the basis of the submitted documents. FGH reserves the right to close the process before the deadline if it has identified the ideal candidate.
About the Organization
Friends in Global Health (FGH) is a subsidiary of the Vanderbilt University Medical Center (VUMC) with operations in Mozambique. FGH works collaboratively with the Mozambican Ministry of Health and Provincial Health Authorities in Zambézia Province to support control of the HIV and TB epidemics in the region.