The International City/County Management Association (ICMA) is seeking a Director of Finance for the upcoming USAID Improving Governance in Haiti Initiative (IGHI).
Project Goal: The purpose of the program is to support locally-driven and politically-feasible solutions to supporting more inclusive, accountable governance in Haiti.
Project Objectives. The project will support activities that help governments manage and mobilize resources and improve service delivery to citizens; promote greater engagement among civil society, private sector and government to define and address development priorities and improve communication, collaboration and coordination across and between levels of government and with Parliament on policy, budget and service delivery issues.
The Director of Finance reports to the Chief of Party and works to provide high-level financial management and operations leadership, and contract management support.
- Ensure that financial and operational functions support the timely and effective implementation of the project’s technical scope of work;
- Provide counsel to help project leadership ensure that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable regulations, and appropriate standards and procedures;
- Ensure that all expenditures, payments and procurements are carried out in accordance with USAID rules and regulations;
- Provide authoritative leadership on all budget, expenditure monitoring, financial reporting and contract matters to ensure timely and effective implementation of the program’s activities in Haiti;
- Lead program annual budget development process that includes managing the annual work plan, life-of-project, and activity budgets and ensuring compliance of program expenditures with approved budgets;
- Maintain systems for program budget monitoring and tracking that include financial and contractual data;
- Ensure all program staff is trained on USAID rules and regulations and compliance;
- Provide oversight of sub-grants and the development of a grants management system for the project in collaboration with COP, Grants Manager, and Home Office Staff; and
- Coordinate execution of internal/external financial, operations, and program reviews or audits, and ensure timely follow up to review or audit conclusions and recommendations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Commerce, or a related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience (5-7 years) in managing finance and compliance aspects of a large USG-funded activity.
- Strong understanding and experience with USG acquisition and assistance instruments, policies and procedures, and requirements.
- Experience in Haiti/Caribbean region preferred.
- Strong familiarity with the policy, social, economic, environmental, and cultural context(s) in the Haiti/Caribbean region.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication and presentations skills in French and English; working knowledge of Creole is preferred but not essential.
About the Organization
ICMA, the International City/County Management Association, develops tools and resources that advance professional local government management to create sustainable communities that improve lives worldwide. Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates and resources for local government. Visit www.icma.org for more information. You can also follow us on Twitter: @ICMA - Latest News and Information about Local Government @ICMAMembers - Membership Updates @ICMAEvents - Annual Conference Information @ICMAJobCenter - Jobs Postings at ICMA @ICMA_311 - Information about ICMA's 311/CRM Services @ICMACityLinks - Information from ICMA International's City Links Program @LifeWellRun – Updates on campaign news and activities Check out our affiliate Twitter pages: @SolarOutreach - News and Information about municipal solar adoption @Brownfields2013 - Updates about the 2013 National Brownfields Conference Go to http://icma.org/socialmediaguidelines to learn more about our Social Media Engagement Guidelines.