The Global Strategy Network (TGSN) is seeking a Director of Finance to lead on all financial matters for our operations. The exact functions of role will be heavily shaped by whomever is in the job, but we are presently looking at the following duties:
- Overall lead for all finances for The Global Strategy Network and our affiliate companies, reporting directly to the founders.
- Establishing proper financial management systems suitable to international donor-funded project work spread remotely across the world.
- Building and managing a finance team headquartered in Istanbul with future representation abroad depending on subsequent donors and projects.
- Leading the design and management of project budgets.
- Determining the profitability of all projects and different lines of effort such as Business Development and our investments in technology development.
- Training partners on how to manage expenditure and accounting according to donor demands.
- In coordination with other directors, helping to determine the best strategy for expansion and establishment in different tax jurisdictions, including Ireland and Portugal.
- Working with local accounting firms in different locations (likely Istanbul, London, Dublin and Lisbon) to cover company activities.
- Ensuring that all staff across all projects and companies are being paid on time and in accordance with local regulations.
- Overseeing all invoicing and payments to ensure necessary liquidity and appropriate cashflow for all operations.
The main place of work for this role will be in Istanbul but working remotely is fine where that does not impact on operations. As a small and growing group of companies, the exact nature of the job will evolve over time, and it is expected that a team will develop under this position. The Director of Finance will be able to shape this team, define the roles, and pick the individuals as he/she deems fit with signoff from the directors.
As a small team, we are highly collaborative and keen to create a culture where the Director of Finance position is working withthe other directors rather thanforthem. The successful candidate will be expected to help out with general company demands; similarly, they should expect appropriate support in all endeavours, including anything not listed above that the successful candiate and directors think is worth doing or exploring.
The exact salary for this position will be competitive and negotiable. We would also like to emphasise that flexibility of working remotely, the ability to build a supportive team, and a high degree of autonomy over defining the exact role should also be considered attractive benefits.