Cardno International Development (Cardno ID) is seeking candidates for Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations for the USAID funded, Cardno ID managed five year $6.6M contract to work with municipalities to measurably increase municipal own-source resources and external funds and increase their budget execution rate in compliance with the Government of North Macedonia’s (GoNM) budgeting and reporting requirements. The Activity will work with local and central governments to 1) enhance the quality of municipal tax and fee collection systems; 2) increase municipalities’ capacity to access external resources from the national government or international organizations’ funds and/or capital markets and banks; and 3) improve municipalities’ ability to plan, manage and implement public sector revenues in compliance with GoNM’s regulations.
The Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations’ primary responsibility is to support the Chief of Party in managing the program’s finances and liaising with other program staff (management, technical, contractual, and sub-awardees), to ensure that their inputs and activities comply with local and donor financial regulations. This individual will be responsible for ensuring all policies and program activities are in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, Cardno policies, and local laws. The Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations will conduct financial checks and audits, process reimbursements, and oversee all accounting operations. S/he will assist in maintaining accurate and up to date electronic and manual filing systems, provide operational support and advice to field office(s), provide financial management training to staff and partners where necessary, and perform other operations and logistics duties as directed by the Deputy Chief of Party and Chief of Party. The Director of Finance, Administration, and Operations should have adequate familiarity with USAID’s financial requirements and regulations.
- An advanced university degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or other relevant field;
- Minimum 10 years of experience in finance and operations, including conducting pre-award surveys, tracking disbursements, and managing financial commitments on a donor-funded project required;
- Demonstrated experience with USG-funded program management, policies, regulations, and procedures, including USAID, is required;
- Experience supporting complex organizational capacity development projects in developing countries, including training and capacity building in financial management, organizational management, streamlined processes/procedures, and USAID compliance is preferred;
- Experience working with projects and/or staff of culturally diverse teams and working with counterparts from other cultures;
- Excellent oral and written English language communication skills.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.
More Jobs from this Organization