FHI 360 is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Finance and Administration for the Philippines Youth and Livelihoods activity. The anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will be designed to work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education and life skills for vulnerable youth. The activity outcomes will include improved literacy, life and employability skills; strengthened local capacity to deliver education and training service delivery; and strengthened youth leadership and engagement.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for administrative and financial leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of project set-up, daily operations, and close-out. The Director of Finance and Administration will manage the administrative and logistic infrastructure of key components of the program description and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in education, workforce development, and youth programming and donor-specified compliance. The position will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Requires a master’s degree in a directly relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least 7 years of relevant experience in administration and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects;
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budget of $15 million dollars or larger;
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with staff and partners;
- Experience in South/Southeast Asia required, demonstrated experience in the Philippines preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
- Fluency in English required, Tagalog preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.