Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for an upcoming USAID-funded institutional capacity building and agricultural market development program, the Agricultural Systems and Institutional Strengthening Activity. The program aims to support Ugandan institutions on the journey to self-reliance by strengthening their capacity to drive improvements in the agricultural market system. The program will work closely with public and private sector organizations (including the Government of Uganda, apex organizations, producer associations, and economic policy bodies), improving business practices, supporting institutional reorganization and developing strategic plans.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for the financial and procurement aspect of the program to ensure it meets all USAID and U.S. government requirements in funds accountability. S/he will establish and manage financial and procurement systems and a set of protocols that enable transparency, accountability, and accuracy. S/he will negotiate agreements with sub-grantees and subcontractors and undertake all the necessary financial administration of sub-grants and sub-contracts. S/he will provide training, as necessary, for staff and partners in aspects related to financial systems, protocols and policies. The Director of Finance and Administration will be required to:
- Provide overall financial and administrative leadership, coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the project.
- Manage project start-up and support initial work planning process, oversee project close out activities and protocols
- Coordinate with the HO Finance team in the home office to ensure project linkages and oversight
- Develop program budgets with teams and monitor budget pipelines
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to USAID and Cardno HO as required
- Manage internal and external financial audits of the program
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the project and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports
- Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are in compliance with U.S. government regulations and Cardno policy; this includes reviewing any subcontractors’ budgets
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in work plans
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports
- Master’s degree in Accountancy, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial management of large international projects
- Knowledge of and experience with applying relevant USAID financial and administrative rules and regulations
- Strong supervisory and mentoring skills, with experience overseeing financial activities, including procurement, budget development and monitoring, and accounting as it pertains to the overarching project
- Demonstrated experience interacting with host county governments, counterparts, non-governmental organizations and international donor agencies, preferably in public and private health sectors
- Proficiency in the use of financial software applications (QuickBooks) Proficiency in MS Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ugandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
- Fluency in English
Equal Opportunity statement for U.S. based applicants: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.