This anticipated 5-year USAID-funded activity will contribute directly to the overarching goals of RISE II Integrated Health Services Delivery (HSD) by improving access to quality health services and strengthening ownership and management of health services by communities, in partnership with citizens, local government, and service providers in Burkina Faso and Niger. The activity seeks to build off of the successes of RISE I and incorporate key lessons learned to achieve greater impacts on health, family planning and nutrition outcomes and enhance the sustainability of institutions and programs.
URC is currently seeking a qualified Director of Finance and Administration to oversee the overall financial management and administration of the program. The Director will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of program activities. The selected candidate will work directly with the COP to ensure full compliance in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, functioning of financial processes as well as maintaining internal controls for RISE II HSD Activity in targeted countries: Burkina Faso and Niger.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop program budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to USAID and URC HQ as required.
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program.
- Track and analyze all costs incurred under the cooperative agreement and oversee preparation and timely submission of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Ensure that all project financial management, procurement and human resource practices are in compliance with URC policy and U.S. government regulations. This includes reviewing grantees’ budgets.
- Ensure that expenditures are within budgets and in compliance with commitments made in grants and work plans.
- Prepare information as needed to provide the COP with a financial overview to support effective decision-making.
- Oversee and lead all administrative, logistical and financial management for project.
- Liaise with other key technical personnel and local staff in targeted countries to ensure smooth financial processes are upheld.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field from an accredited university/college is required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent current certification required.
- At least 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in the accounting and financial field, with prior experience with USAID funded projects and/or significant experience with USG and USAID financial procedures, rules and regulations.
- Experience in successful financial and administrative management of projects of similar scope and size.
- Fluency in English and French required.
- At least 3 years of experience supervising a finance team.
Please note: these positions are contingent upon securing award.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.