Creative Associates seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated USAID-funded project in Morocco focused on inclusive socio-economic development in the Béni Mellal-Khénifra region. The Director of Finance and Administration will manage administrative, financial, and procurement processes in compliance with donor rules and regulations for the program.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Director of Finance and Administration will report to the Chief of Party. S/he will supervise staff working on finances, human resources, IT, and operations and administration.
- Program and office operations proceed efficiently and effectively throughout the project period.
- Program finances are responsibly managed in accordance with USAID, Moroccan, and Creative regulations.
- Project staff working in administration, human resources, procurement, budgeting and finance, and security are appropriately trained and equipped to carry out their functions.
- Ensure that the project meets all USAID award requirements and ensure compliance with USAID, Moroccan, and Creative policies and regulations;
- Design, implement, and supervise adherence to financial policy, budgets, and internal control measures;
- Manage financial systems, files, and maintain Creative’s online accounting system;
- Liaise between Creative Associates’ field and headquarters offices regarding all program financial matters and all internal or external audit requests, as needed;
- Manage personnel and payroll office staff and procedures;
- Participate in ongoing analysis, forecasting and review of project expenses;
- Track the transfer of funds between headquarters and the field office and manage accounting and finance records of in-country expenses, including developing tracking and monitoring all financial project activities, and maintaining current project expense data;
- Draft quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information and forward to Finance & Contracts for review and approval by the Controller;
- Prepare monthly field expense reports and report monthly expenses to HQ Offices;
- Provide financial management and systems training for project staff;
- Review and approve the financial close-out of program activities, and verify documentation and information is complete;
- Oversee the compliant management of grants and procurements;
- Provide administrative and logistical support to program activities;
- Manage and oversee staff responsible for arranging travel, logistics, office administration, and human resources;
- Provide training and guidance to grantees, local partners, and beneficiaries in finance and administration, as needed; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or relevant field, or equivalent experience and certifications;
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in administrative and financial management of complex, international development assistance programs, developing and managing budgets, and managing grant funds;
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience working on USAID-funded programs;
- Demonstrated expertise and excellent track record in management, finance, grants, accounting and office operations;
- Strong written and oral communication skills; and
- Fluency in Arabic required, proficiency in French and English preferred.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.