Director, Finance and Administration
Zambia HIV Prevention Activity, Lusaka, Zambia
The Director of Finance & Administration on the Zambia HIV Prevention Activity will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of financial management and contractual performance, including financial systems implementation, budgeting, expenditure tracking, and financial reporting and accounting. The Director of Finance will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID policies, rules and regulations.
- Provides overall financial and administrative coordination and support to ensure an effective and efficient operating platform for the project.
- Ensures compliance of financial systems with ZHECT policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of Zambia laws and regulations.
- Develops program budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines;
- Provides timely and accurate financial reports to ZHECT and USAID as required;
- Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to senior management team;
- Manages internal and external financial audits of the program;
- Ensures continual review of internal and strategic controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation;
- Provides technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting to ensure sound financial management and operations;
- Ensures that sub-contracts, sub-grants and local consultancy documents and procedures areco mpleted in a timely and correct manner and comply with FHI 360 and USAID policies and regulations; and
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant field; a post-graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field is preferred relevant to the position requirements;
- At least 10 years of experience in administrative and financial management of large complex projects of which at least eight years were in the field of international development including experience in management of USG funded projects Cooperative Agreements and Contracts including prime awards and sub-awards of similar size/scale;
- Track record in developing and managing large budgets;
- Knowledge of and compliance to Federal Acquisition Regulations;
- Strong financial and operational management experience with proven management skills;
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English language;
- Experience building capacity of local organizations and implementing partners in financial management;
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
About the Organization
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.