Since 1963 and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
Director of Finance and Administration, Agri-Food Systems, Myanmar
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Director of Finance and Administration for an Agri-Food Systems Activity in Myanmar funded by USAID. The anticipated project will facilitate transformation of agriculture and food systems through increasing productivity, inclusiveness and completeness of key value chains. This 5-year activity is envisioned to start in 2019.
The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the management team, as well as, day-to-day management of the finance, internal audit and administrative functions for the organization. This position will build and sustain the capacity of the finance and administration department and provide exemplary stewardship through the establishment, monitoring and improvement of accounting, budgeting, finance and administrative systems and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for establishing efficient financial and operational systems including internal audits, compliance and risk management.
- Serve as the senior finance resource for the organization, providing leadership and direction to the Finance and Administration team with close oversight of the organization’s financial position.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly quarterly budgets and conduct variance analyses during these same periods.
- Develop, oversee and monitor all financial and accounting systems, policies, procedures and internal controls, and adapt them as necessary to meet changing regulations and best practices.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting process and review all financial plans and budgets, monitor progress and changes, and always keep management team abreast with the financial status.
- Provide administrative leadership for all aspects of the project in all project offices.
- Serve as a functional expert in procurement operations which includes but not limited to forecasting, planning, making tenders, ensuring proper evaluation and selection of vendors and products that provide best value for money.
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administration procedures in relation to the delivery of technical activities on time and at optimum cost.
- Periodically review the adequacy of internal controls and identify financial and operational risks.
- Ensure compliance with all USAID rules and regulations and ACDI VOCA policies and procedures relating to finance and administration.
- Coordinate any financial, operational audit or compliance reviews conducted by ACDI VOCA HQ, USAID and external auditors.
- Lead the preparation and execution of action plans to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of finance and administrative operations, and mitigate operational and compliance risks.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or similar is preferred; Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of progressive work experience in financial control and audit related field including minimum five (5) years of experience in a senior management position, providing administrative oversight and management systems development.
- Experience working with an accounting and audit firm will be an advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations related to procurement and finance required.
- Professional accounting and or audit qualification (CPA, ACCA, ICA, IIA, etc.) is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective management and operational systems to meet the evolving needs of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience working with computerized accounting and administrative systems.
- Proven ability to communicate, negotiate, advise, persuade, or resolve issues that are highly complex and sensitive in nature with persons on all levels both inside and outside the organization.
- Outstanding organizational skills including the ability to work with minimal guidance and to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and sound judgment.
- Strong written communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required reports in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner.
- Must possess a sense of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or e-mail your updated resume with the contact information directly to: MyanmarAFS@acdivoca.org. The applications will be reviewed promptlyupon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Since 1963 and in 147 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.