For over 40 years, FHI 360 has built the capacity of individuals, communities, and governments to address the needs of vulnerable populations. In more than 60 countries, our work is grounded in research and evidence, and our staff and experts have developed partnerships to support programs in economic development—including workforce development, private sector partnership and access to finance— civil society strengthening, technology and innovation, health access and services, and education. Our integrated approaches across a broad set of disciplines and countries helps develop customized responses to complex challenges addressing multiple aspects of people’s lives. We are currently seeking qualified Director of Finance and Administration candidates for the anticipated USAID-funded Cultural Tourism Development in Egypt Activity.
The 4-year activity will be designed to enhance Egypt’s competitiveness as a tourism destination and generate more tourism revenue and local economic benefits.
Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding and will be based in Egypt.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for administrative and financial leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of project set-up, daily operations, and close-out. The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for financial and administrative aspects of the project, including budget development and monitoring, prime award monitoring and compliance, sub award management, procurement, and logistics. The Director of Finance and Administration will establish and maintain sound financial management practices and ensure the project’s compliance with FHI 360 and USAID acquisition and agreement procedures, rules and regulations. The position will report to the Chief of Party. Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project and the selection of the final applicant is subject to USAID approval.
- Master’s Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is strongly preferred; or a Bachelor’s accounting degree with 12 years’ experience.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
· Experience in MENA region required, demonstrated experience in Egypt preferred;
· Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
· Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budget of $10 million dollars or larger;
· Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets;
· Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with staff and partners;
· Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as they relate to project and program compliance and reporting;
· Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff;
· Fluency in English required, Arabic preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.