* Provide financial management and analysis for all aspects of the program.
* Supervise finance, human resources, and administrative staff (I.T included).
* Develop and maintain sound financial management systems in line with USAID and OFDA/FFP rules and regulations and Global Communities’ policies and procedures, and accounting principles.
* Manage the project budget ensuring all costs incurred by Global Communities are accounted for and in compliance with local laws.
* Manage cash flow forecasts and monitor its liquidity, including decisions on foreign currency transactions.
* Liaise with legal advisor and ensure compliance with all local laws and regulations with the Country Director.
* Serve as the focal point for internal, government and/or donor audits.
* Follow up and implement on a timely basis internal, government and/or donor audit recommendations.
* Provide financial control, develop financial reports, and make recommendations to HQ on budget expenditures.
* In partnership with HQ and program teams, prepare, lead, and analyze the bi-annual budgeting & monthly projection processes; monitor progress and changes and keep management team informed of all program’s financial status.
* Maintain updated information regarding grants and contracts, reporting requirements and financial restrictions.
* Provide input and oversight on all program related financial matters.
* Assist in program development and proposal preparation as needed. Prepare and review budgets and narrative for new programs, as required.
* Ensure financial reporting is in accordance with donor contractual requirements.
* Oversee Finance, HR and Administration staff, ensuring that functions are performed timely and accurately.
* Establish human capital objectives and strategies in line with organizational/programmatic objectives.
* Establish HR goals and accountabilities, including recruitment, onboarding, performance management, compensation management, benefits administration, employee training and development, records management, employee relations and retention.
* Guide HR team in policy procedure establishment, interpretation and maintenance.
* Ensure employment and compensation practices are competitive and compliant with local labor code.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong managerial skills and experience overseeing staff.
* Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to set up financial regulation systems with partner organizations to ensure the efficient and accurate disbursement of funds.
* Fluency in written and spoken English required. Arabic and/or Turkish are strongly preferred.
* Bachelors’ degree or advanced degree in accounting, finance or related area.
* Minimum of five years managing finance, at least some of which was on a USG funded program or relief effort of similar size and scope.
* Minimum of 10 years international development experience, preferably in the field, in progressively more responsible positions.
* Experience in Turkey preferred.
About the Organization
The Director of Finance and Administration (DFA) is responsible for the primary oversight and in-country leadership of all financial reporting and administrative operations through the life of all humanitarian programming in Syria. In particular, the DFA oversees financial operations for the project and conducts continual reporting to ensure the financial health of the project and the correct usage of funds. This position is based in Global Communities' office in Gaziantep, Turkey, and reports to the Country Director.