IMA is looking for a well-qualified Director of Finance and Administration for an anticipated USAID Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) project in Haiti. The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for for financial management and administrative issues of the Activity. In addition, he/she will be responsible for reviewing and managing the project sub-grants. The Director of Finance and Administration will ensure compliance with IMA World Health internal policies and procedures as well as USAID donor regulations.The position will develop and oversee the implementation of policies, procedures, and systems for administration and financial support services and human resource management.S/he will directly report to the Chief of Party. The position is contingent upon successful receipt of funding.
- Oversees all administrative and finance operations for the project, including contributing to rapid project start up and mobilization.
- Develops and oversees administration and finance systems for project implementation to meet the financial management, forecasting, and reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all financial management work is performed to the highest ethical and professional standards and in accordance with IMA and program guidelines.
- Oversees budget tracking and analysis. Generates and analyzes monthly financial management reports. Ensures project expenses are reasonable, cost-effective, and comply with USAID rules and regulations.
- Manages financial staff for disbursing all local costs under this project, monitoring and tracking expenditures, and preparing financial reports of project expenditures for submission to USAID.
- Prepares donor financial reports and coordinates with the COP, Country Financial Officer and HQ for submission in a timely manner.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of sub-awardees ato program financial and contractual guidelines.
- Promptly advise the COP of all potential fiduciary risks and develop monitoring and troubleshooting strategies to address these.
- Provides leadership support for the successful implementation of and adherence to IMA Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
- Institutes staff development plans for training and capacity development, and builds capacity of local partners in administration and finance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or accounting, or a related field.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in accounting and/or financial management including the management and oversight of donor-funded project budgets and financial reporting.
- At least eight (8) years of experience in organizational and administrative management in an international context.
- Strong knowledge of financial accounting software, including USAID and PEPFAR
financial dashboards (DATIM, DevResults, etc.), and related computer applications
especially Excel, MS Word.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills in French and English; working knowledge of Haitian Kreyol is preferred.
All interested parties should send their applications to IMA World Health by using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization that that offers extensive expertise implementing programs to address integrated health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio made up of both grants and contracts that support program services across those countries and totals approximately $100 million annually.