IMA World Health (IMA) and Lutheran World Relief (LWR) have joined forces to increase our impact on breaking the cycle of poverty and promoting healthier families and communities. The two humanitarian nonprofits are integrating IMA’s global health expertise and LWR’s work in rural economies and emergency response, creating a unified organization that will help millions more enjoy a healthier, more prosperous tomorrow.
LWR & IMA is seeking highly motivated individuals for a Director of Finance and Administration position for the USAID MOMENTUM (Moving Integrated, Quality Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Family Planning and Reproductive Health) APS Round 1 “MNCH/FP/RH Service Delivery in Fragile Settings”. The $200 million project seeks to support countries early in their journey to self-reliance to overcome the impacts of fragility on the population’s health and contribute to countries’ movement along the development continuum toward reduced maternal and child mortality and increased self-reliance.
The Director of Finance and Administration will provide overall finance, operations and administrative leadership and oversight for the upcoming USAID global project, MOMENTUM Round 1. The position will operate under the leadership of the Project Director and LWR & IMA’s senior management team and will oversee and ensure the financial and administrative soundness and success of all project activities.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID. The position will be based in Washington, DC with extensive travel to target countries.
- Oversees all aspects of financial management, including financial systems, budgeting, expenditure tracking, financial reporting, and accounting;
- Ensures continual review of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation;
- Provides leadership and oversight for program security at global and national level;
- Oversees the development of project budgets with teams and monitors budget pipelines
- Provides timely and accurate financial reports to LWR & IMA and USAID as required
- Coordinate all administrative support for program implementation, including setting up field offices, preparations for learning opportunities, and handling all financial aspects;
- Supports sub-recipients and sub-grantees as needed to ensure sound financial management and operations, this may include capacity development activities for local partners;
- Oversees grants management for the project’s sub-grants to local partners;
- Ensures that sub-recipients, sub-grants and local consultancy documents and procedures are completed in a timely and correct manner and comply with LWR & IMA and USAID policies and regulations;
- Serve as the central point for coordination and communication within the project and with USAID for planning, human resources and contracts, and budgets;
- Engage with all country programming to ensure that country-specific responses are both effective and cost-effective.
- Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant international development experience in administrative and financial management of large, complex projects. Management of global programs a plus.
- Experience managing USAID- or other donor-funded development projects
- Demonstrated understanding of USG rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing large, multi-country budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in United States government/USAID reporting requirements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English required, French language skills preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Willingness to travel extensively, including to unstable and non-permissive environments.
- Willingness to support LWR & IMA’s Mission
Position is contingent upon award to IMA World Health
IMA prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US or International law.
About the Organization
IMA World Health is a non-profit, faith-based organization that that offers extensive expertise implementing programs to address integrated health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, neglected tropical diseases, malaria, HIV, non-communicable diseases, and sexual and gender based violence programs in some of the most challenging and post-conflict settings throughout Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean. IMA maintains a diverse and complex funding portfolio made up of both grants and contracts that support program services across those countries and totals approximately $100 million annually.