FHI 360 seeks qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Administration, to be based in the Beni Mellal-Khenifra Region of Morocco, supporting an anticipated USAID-funded project aimed to promote socio-economic inclusion within marginalized areas of Morocco through the improvement and institutionalization of participatory governance and enhancement of business and livelihood opportunities.
The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for administrative and financial leadership of the program to ensure quality, timeliness, and efficiency of project set-up, daily operations, and close-out. S/he will manage the administrative and logistic infrastructure of key components of the program and ensure adherence to global standards of excellence in service delivery programming and donor-specified compliance.
The Director of Finance and Administration will:
- Provide leadership to finance, operations, and human resources aspects of the project
- Ensure compliance of financial and operations systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, donor’s rules and regulations, award requirements, and host government laws
- Conduct compliance reviews, internal audit follow-ups, and hands-on training to ensure sound financial management
- Oversee and coordinate financial and administrative systems
- Issue Monthly Financial Reports, balance sheets, and quarterly accrual reports
- Supervise the Finance Assistant in maintaining a highly secure financial system that considers the in-country financial and accounting security concerns
- Communicate/advise the Chief of Party on financial status of the project and availability of funds for project activities
- Assist with local procurement to ensure that donor and FHI 360 regulations are implemented
- Provide technical assistance to local partners on financial compliance and reporting
- Manage project procurement processes
- Manage a finance and operations team in charge of budgeting, financial reporting, accounting, administration, and procurement
- Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration, or related field; OR a Bachelor’s degree in accounting with a minimum of 12 years of experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in administrative and financial management, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects
- Experience in the Middle East/North Africa region required; Morocco experience is preferred
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting, and fiscal control principles
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets of $50 million or larger
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets
- Experience building capacity in financial management of community-based organizations and implementing partners
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with NGO partners, community-based organizations, and international donor agencies
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, with a depth and breadth of expertise in financial management
- Strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills in English and French
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.