Director of Finance and Administration, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Director of Finance and Administration, under the supervision of the Chief of Party, will have primary responsibility for financial and administrative management for the project, supervision and oversight of all financial and administrative support staff, and establishment of the systems, procedures, and training of staff required to ensure compliance with USAID and MSI policies and regulations. They will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of project activities in the areas of finance, human resources, administration, security, transportation, and procurement in the project’s Lusaka Office.
- Adapt MSI’s existing finance, administrative and personnel policies and procedures for E4H and Zambian context.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day running of the financial/administrative/operations activities through the supervision/management of staff.
- Ensure MSI registrations in-country is up to date with the relevant authorities.
- Provide training to field staff on project procedures, including building skill-levels of project staff in the area of finance, administration, and project management.
- Develop and oversee systems for providing financial, administrative, and operational support to staff at the all levels.
- Design, implement and maintain effective internal controls.
- Manage finance staff and provide training on project procedures as well as building skills-levels.
- Oversee the recording, documenting, and reporting of all financial transactions, including the oversight of the preparation of monthly financial expense reports and cash and bank reconciliation statements, tracking of advances and liquidations, and review of monthly payroll.
- Ensure compliance of procurement and field accounting policies and procedures, including adherence to USAID rules and regulations (AIDAR & FAR).
- Lead procurement efforts of the project, including selection and negotiation with vendors, and the management of subcontractors on the project.
- Review Purchase Requisitions (PRs) and Purchase Orders (POs), ensuring adequate funds, expense authorization, supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts, and control over payments.
- Manage procedures and staff developing project inventory and property lists, ensuring their accuracy and timely reviews and updates.
- Prepare quality and timely financial reports for submission to MSI and USAID.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field. Master’s degree and ACCA preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of experience managing finance, procurement, contracts management, logistics and human resources matters on donor-funded projects.
- Familiarity with USG financial reporting and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with Government of Zambia financial systems.
- Experience in managing donor-funded procurements and subcontracts.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Attention to details and the capabilities to work well individually and within a team.
- Flexibility and high capacity to adapt to change.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.