West Africa Trade and Investment Hub
AECOM International Development is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations for the anticipated USAID West Africa regional trade program. The anticipated program will seek to increase global competitiveness and intra-regional trade, strengthened agriculture value chains, and improve food security in West Africa.
The Director of Finance and Operations will be responsible for management and compliance of all operational, procurement, administration, and financial aspects of the program , in close coordination with the Chief of Party, ensuring all are on time and of high quality.
The Director must be flexible, pragmatic, and able to think creatively to implement activities in a responsive manner. Additionally, the Director must be willing to travel throughout the region and carry out other tasks assigned by the COP, to ensure proper management of the contract. The Director will supervise staff in different countries thus develop management, communications, and reporting systems to accommodate the regional structure.
· Manages the program’s finance, operations, and administrative processes and functions
· Supervise a team of finance, grants, communications, and operations professionals
· Ensure that all grants management, financial management, and procurement is in compliance with AECOM and U.S. government regulations
· Provides relevant programmatic and financial data and analysis to inform results-based programmatic decision-making
· Oversee the program’s grants under contract, supported by a grants manager
· Oversee all operations, instituting and managing systems and policies across the whole program
· Provides overall supervision, direction, systems development, procedures development, manuals, and training to finance, operations, and administrative staff on AECOM and USAID rules and regulations for sound financial systems and accurate reporting
· Along with the Chief of Party, liaise with the home office on all finance, contract/grants administration, and operational matters
· Assume Chief of Party responsibilities in the COP’s absence
· A graduate degree in a relevant major, such as business administration, accounting, or finance, and at least 10 years of experience with financial management and/or program administration or an undergraduate degree in a relevant social or administrative science, with at least 13 years of experience with financial management and/or program administration
· At least 5 years’ experience with USAID programs similar in scope or size in sub-Sahara Africa or similar context;
· Supervisory and human resources experience
· Ability to successfully manage and develop staff in a multi-country and multi-cultural settings as demonstrated by past experience
· Demonstrated commitment to customer service
· Demonstrated knowledge of management processes and systems, such as human resources management and development (including performance evaluation), financial management, and management of employee compensation systems
· Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in line with USG rules and regulations
· Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
· Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
· Experience administering USAID grants programs
· Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex program under challenging circumstances
· Excellent computer skills
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing, and working knowledge of French
About the Organization
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at www.aecom.com.
AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions — International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs. GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world. GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.