Chemonics seeks a director of finance and operations for the upcoming USAID-funded education activity in Bangladesh. The anticipated Shekhar Jonno Pori (“Read to Learn”) activity is a five-year, $50-$99 million USAID-funded program. The primary purpose of the activity is to provide direct technical assistance to the Bangladeshi government and its sector-wide Fourth Primary Education Development Program, schools, and teachers to improve early grade reading outcomes. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding. CVs will be reviewed and considered for multiple positions. We are looking for individuals who have passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overarching management of project administration, operations, and finance
- Oversee logistical, operations, and financial activities; human resources; procurement; and management of budget and subcontracts toward achievement of project targets
- Train and supervise the finance, procurement, and operations teams on issues related to travel and logistics, office and property maintenance and management, personnel, procurement, and project recordkeeping
- Report to the chief of party
- Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business, social sciences, or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in positions with increasing responsibility leading and managing financial and operational aspects of a large-scale, USAID-funded or other donor-funded development program
- Demonstrated ability to analyze financial documents
- Experience overseeing international and local subcontractors and grantees
- Strong experience in and understanding of USAID rules and regulations
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Experience working on international donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English
Please send an email with an electronic copy of your CV and cover letter attached and “Director of Finance and Operations” in the subject line to BangladeshRLArecruit@chemonics.com by June 16, 2018. Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.