Summary of Position:
The Director will manage the finance and administration of the organization. The Director will supervise any other finance and administration staff, work closely with other members of the management team and will be a part of the Senior Staff Team. The Director will work closely with other finance personnel and CEO’s across the Network in the administration of grants and contracts and also to provide support and training as necessary. The Director will work closely with the Global Business Development teams and the Program Management teams assure the timely and accurate submission of financial proposals and reports. The Director will work on Network-wide priorities as determined by EFE’s Annual strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead all aspects of Finance, Accounting, Budget, Procurement, and Compliance functions of the organization, evaluate their performance and lead strategies to improve functionality.
· Direct the establishment and implementation of financial, administrative, and compliance policies and procedures, guiding policy decisions and providing technical expertise.
· Represent EFE to funders and other key stakeholders in budget, compliance or audit requests.
· Manage all grant and contract reviews and participate in negotiation as required.
- Oversee organization’s process for preparing indirect cost rates.
· Partner with the business development team on federal government business development, serving as a key contact and interlocutor for partners, negotiating scopes of work, reviewing budgets, supporting financial proposal development, and ensuring that the business development process considers future compliance and implementation concerns.
· Advise on maximizing of both restricted and unrestricted funding.
· Serve as a visible and core member of the Senior Staff Team and contribute strongly to cross disciplinary teamwork, collaboration and planning for the organization.
· Ensure regular financial reporting for management and program staff including the development of relevant financial projections.
· Serve as primary interlocutor with the board on finance, and organizational budget related matters.
· Serve as the staff liaison with the Global Board Finance Committee, scheduling quarterly meetings.
· Lead development of the annual budget and support the development of the annual workplan.
· Supervise finance staff and work in concert with pro-bono Controller and accounting team from Brookhill Group.
- Oversee other administrative functions including procurement and facilities management.
· Lead on the implementation of strategic priorities pertaining to finance as determined by EFE’s Annual Strategic Plans.
- Review and update or develop financial policy manuals and guidance as necessary.
· Ensure that EFE is in compliance with regulatory requirements and funder requirements and conditions.
· Lead and develop process for assessing Affiliate financial operations and manage the development and execution of specific and targeted financial development and improvement plans.
· Serve as trusted business partner to Affiliate CEOs and Finance teams, providing training, support and key insights into finance and compliance related matters and engaging board finance and audit committees to meet financial plans and objectives.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or closely related field with 10 years relevant work experience or Master’s Degree with 8 years relevant work experience;
· Experiential knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, ADS, and relevant OMB circulars;
- Experience leading financial, administrative, and compliance management in a multi-funder environment including US government grants and contracts, private foundation and corporate donors;
· Demonstrated leadership ability, preferably as a member of a senior management team;
· Strong alignment with EFE’s core values, including teamwork and collaboration, and demonstrated ability to provide culture add to an organization;
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills;
· Prior experience in proposal budget preparation and understanding of different pricing models and financial presentation;
· Willingness to travel to affiliate offices in the Middle East and North Africa as needed (at least 15% time);
· Demonstrated ability to positively and effectively to work with a diverse team, with attention to mentorship and professional development of staff;
· Self-motivated and organized with attention to detail;
· Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. Knowledge of Arabic and/or French would be an asset;
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize assignments, meet multiple deadlines and respond promptly to requests given the major interdependencies of this position; and,
· Previous experience with international nonprofit organizations.
· Commensurate with experience, with a competitive benefits package.
· Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Outstanding candidates will be selected for interviews with senior EFE leadership. When replying, pleas state “Director of Finance” in the subject line.
Education For Employment (EFE) is an equal opportunity employer. It is EFE’s policy to seek out and hire, at all levels, individuals without regard to race, religion, age, color, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical ability. We affirm our policy of offering equal employment opportunities to all individuals through our hiring practices.