Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Director of Grants and Contracts position on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women’s Empowerment and Civil Society is to build upon USAID’s previous women’s empowerment projects and draw key lessons learned from other civil society activities implemented in the country and well as recent national assessments. It will be a nationwide project which will work with Civil Society Organizations(CSOs) and women rights activists from across the 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
The Director of Grants and Contracts will:
* Work under the direction of the Chief of Party, manage the overall functions of the grants, contracts departments;
* Manages disbursement of grantees under grants program to be consistent with all relevant policies and procedures;
* Oversee Grant and Contract departments, and local subcontracting processes to ensure that the standard Tetra Tech, and USAID contract and grant processes are followed;
* Develop and ensure proper adherence to anti-fraud systems, processes and procedures and ensure that any deviations from those guidelines is met with appropriate action;
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
* Advanced degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or similar field required;
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in grant, contract management and administration; and contractual technical assistance services experience also highly desirable;
* At least 3-5 years of working experience in a senior supervisory role related to accounting, payroll, procurement and logistical support services. Direct experience in a senior supervisory role in Afghanistan strongly preferred;
* Knowledge of relevant Afghan regulations and procedures strongly preferred;
* Work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Advanced Excel skills and experience is required;
* Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.