The purpose of the project is to implement dynamic, catalytic, scalable, and responsive HIV service delivery packages for KP/PP to accelerate the Dominican Republic’s HIV response to achieve 90-90-90 targets while effecting positive change on the health system to remove barriers that prevent the DR from reaching 90- 90-90.
- Leads the design of a comprehensive HSS strategy to address human resources, supply chain management, information systems, governance and financing barriers to HIV-related service delivery
- Coordinates the development of an integrated HSS plan to achieve specific improvement goals.
- Oversees and assesses the implementation of the HSS activities and adjusts the strategies based on results and lessons learned
- Oversees the design and implementation of the quality improvement collaborative component of the project
- Directs and guides technical staff under the Director’s supervision
- Ensures compliance with company and government standards.
- Contributes to the preparation of the annual work plans and progress reports in a timely fashion for submission to USAID.
- Documents and publishes results and lessons learned.
- Leads the development of the technical component of a sustainability plan.
- Builds capacity of governmental and non-governmental partners to institutionalize capacities for HSS
- Promotes local solutions to health systems issues and self-reliance
- Supports performance management and professional development of direct reports, including ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Master’s degree or its international equivalent or higher in public health, health programs’ planning and management or other relevant field Minimum seven (7) years of relevant, senior-level professional experience managing and implementing health systems strengthening programs or a HIV program with some of the following areas: policy development, health financing, human resources development, supply chain management. .
- Knowledge and experience with the quality Improvement Collaborative model preferred
- Five (5) years demonstrated experience in managing and supervising health systems activities and teams. Experience with USAID-funded programs preferred.
- Knowledge of and work experience in Dominican Republic preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, for-profit private sector entities, local community organizations, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at the sub-national level.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Spanish
- Excellent computer software skills.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
About the Organization
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.