At Last Mile Health (LMH), we are all stewards of our reputation and our resources. Are you an expert in strengthening high-impact partnerships and skilled in grants management? If so, you may be LMH’s next Director of Institutional Partnerships and Grants.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Development, the Director of Institutional Partnerships & Grants will be responsible for the cultivation, stewardship, and management of LMH’s relationships with its existing private sector funders in a fashion that meaningfully engages partners and cultivates a values-aligned donor community. In concert with a four-person team that the Director will lead, this individual will deepen and strengthen funding relationships with LMH’s existing donor base (individuals, foundations, and corporations) to finance the organization’s short-term and long-term expansion. The Partnerships & Communications team is responsible for raising upwards of $US 20 million annually, and the Director is a critical player in achieving that goal.
This position is open to candidates located in Malawi, Liberia, Uganda, and on the Eastern seaboard of the United States. Candidates must have the ability to work in one of the countries listed above. Please note that our US offices are currently closed due to COVID 19 and all US-based staff are working remotely.
What You’ll Do
- Provide strategic and operational management of Last Mile Health’s existing individual, philanthropic, and corporate portfolio of partners
- Cultivate and steward lasting relationships with current institutional and individual partners, serving as the primary relationship manager
- Oversee development of content for LMH’s Quarterly Insight calls, which serve as opportunities for funding partners to learn about LMH’s work
- In partnership with Managing Director of Development and CEO, manage LMH’s Advisory Council, which meets three times per year, and oversee strategy related to engagement of Advisory Council members
- Oversee LMH’s participation in annual events and conferences with partners such as Skoll World Forum, TED, World Economic Forum, World Health Assembly, United Nations General Assembly Week, etc
- Oversee and strengthen systems for relationship management and donor reporting/communications, including processes for ensuring inclusivity of LMH colleagues in partner stewardship systems
- Oversee efficient and effective management of Last Mile Health’s grant portfolio
- Manage the design and implementation of grants administration processes; develop strategies to optimize grants management systems across all program and functional areas.
- Take an active role in writing and/or reviewing grant proposals, reports, budgets and financial reports prior to submission, as required.
- Provide high-touch coaching and management to a team of four partnerships and grants managers
- Cultivate an environment of inclusion, transparency, and accountability on the Partnerships team and drive forward the P&C team’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
What You’ll Bring
- A Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Compelling development experience including demonstrated success raising several million annually; minimum 4 years of management experience
- Experience raising funds from institutional donors, including a track-record of successful proposal development and grant reporting
- Demonstrated success building long-term relationships with high-profile and/or high-net-worth individuals and/or institutions
- Experience developing grant management systems and capacity, ensuring compliance with donor and internal organization requirements, and overseeing information management related to grant and program implementation, including on-time and quality reporting.
- Experience in grants administration and grant management best practices
- Proven ability to produce high-quality reports; keen attention to detail and accuracy is imperative.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting complex materials in an understandable manner to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent project management skills; proven ability to prioritize and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Significant development operations experience, including goal-setting, work-planning, systems development, and management in service of fundraising campaigns
- Ability to manage, coach, and rapidly develop the skills of direct reports
You’ll Impress Us If
- You have experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
- You have prior fundraising or communications experience in the global health sector
About the Organization
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Malawi, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.